[ 41 ] * Thoughts From the Inside

*

"WHAT'S UP! IT'S OUR BOY CHANYEOL!!!"

"Hey, Chanyeol!!!!"

"Why did you come just now? I've been waiting for you."

The moment Chanyeol sets foot at the mansion as soon as Kyungsoo opens the door for him, he is right away enveloped by Jongin slinging an arm around his shoulder. He isn't able to do anything anymore when Jongin ruffles his hair like he's some sort of an overgrown puppy while Luhan boldy clings into his arm.

"Hey! You wanna play xbox with me and Sehun?"

"Uh, I just wanted to--"

"No, he's not playing with you! He's going shopping with me! Can I use your credit card?"

"But I just like to--"

"Give me that." Kyungsoo snatches the paper bag full of corndogs and spicy rice cakes from Chanyeol's hand. "Is this all what you've got today?" Yesterday, Chanyeol brought them oatmeal cookies and ice cream and they were delicious as fuck.

"I'm sorry," Chanyeol says, "I forgot to bring iced coffee..."

"It's fine. Just bring it next time." Kyungsoo quickly heads to the kitchen to prepare the snacks for everyone.

Even with Jongin strangling his neck and forcing him to play video games with him, and Luhan now touching his butt to rob him his wallet, Chanyeol still looks around the living room in search for Baekhyun.

He doesn't spot Baekhyun, though. He only sees Sehun quietly sitting on the couch reading a book. He wants to ask him where Baekhyun is, but he's afraid Sehun would just ignore him again, just like what the male did to him yesterday when he tried to talk about the weather.

Baekhyun suddenly emerges from behind Luhan and Jongin, grabbing both their arms which are all over Chanyeol. Feeling an aura of something strange and creepy, the couple slowly turn their heads only to see Baekhyun glaring at them.

"Don't. Touch. Him," Baekhyun mutters within gritted teeth, practically peeling Luhan's hand off Chanyeol's waist while shoving Jongin away in the process.

Frightened, Luhan steps aside while Jongin hides behind his boyfriend's back. Chanyeol glances left to right as though he was lost, and that is only when he sees Baekhyun standing small behind him--- who is, when their eyes meet--- instantly smiling sweetly at him.

He beams brightly at Baekhyun in return, "Hi, Baekhyun."

"Hello~"

"Did you sleep well last night?"

"Yes, how about you?"

"I slept well last night, too."

"That's great."

"Did you see the text that I sent you?"

"What text?"

"That good night text with a smiley."

"Oh, that? Yes, I did! I replied with a smiley, too."

"Really? I haven't seen it yet!"

Kyungsoo, who's coming directly from the kitchen and serving the food on the table, rolls his eyes hearing their sappy conversation. "Oh, god. They're at it again." He rapidly slaps Sehun's hand trying to sneak one corndog, "Hey, guys. Food's ready!"

Everybody excitedly gathers around the table at the living room except for Chanyeol and Baekhyun still talking about their good night texts.

"Baekhyun?"