[ 18 ] * My Most Precious Gift

*

They're now heading back home after staying the night at the beach.

"Why are you staring at me like that?"

It looks absolutely fascinating, how the cool wind blows gently at Baekhyun's face. Even in his side profile, the male looks beautiful as he maneuvers the stirring wheel. Chanyeol couldn't ask for more.

Baekhyun lets out a chuckle. "Stop!" With his free hand, he blocks Chanyeol's smug face, his eyes still focused on the road. "I can't concentrate on driving if you keep on looking at me, Chanyeol sunbae."

"Where should I look then?" Chanyeol dodges and laughs teasingly, even inching his face closer to Baekhyun who's now stifling his laughter, "Blinking is such a waste when I'm with you."

"Oh my god," Baekhyun cringes, faking a shiver, yet it is obvious on his face he's blushing hard, "You forgot to take your meds, didn't you?"

Silence falls inside the car as they jaunt down Brooklyn intersection. The country music from the radio is faint at six thirty in the morning. Some are jogging around the park meanwhile others are walking their dogs and drinking coffee-to-go.

Baekhyun clears his throat, tearing his gaze away.

"Ah, I think I want some coffee."

"How the fuck did you know?"

The atmosphere is suddenly tensed but it's still comfortable on Baekhyun's part. Chanyeol's mood seems to shift in less than three seconds--- and instead of getting terrified about the way Chanyeol glares, Baekhyun feels understanding towards him, and a slight pang of sorrow in his heart.

"Do you pity me?"

Baekhyun slows down and eventually halts the car. He fully turns to Chanyeol.

"Chanyeol sunbae..."

"Dad told you, didn't he?" Chanyeol says, and he pulls his hair in exasperation as if any minute from now he'll go berserk, "Fuck, I said keep it a secret!"

"Please don't get mad," Baekhyun says, bringing a comforting hand on Chanyeol's arm, "Your Dad only wants the best for you, and maybe he thinks that telling me about your condition before I leave is a better option than what you had in mind, right?"

"No. You must be hating on me now, I knew it," Chanyeol buries his face into his palms, sighing, "I don't want you to pity me just because I'm a fucking Bipolar. I look pathetic now in front of you. Ah, what the hell..."

Baekhyun freezes.

Then he bursts out into a loud, boisterous laugh.

Chanyeol looks at him.

"Hahahahahaha!" Baekhyun even wipes his imaginary tears. "Next joke, please!"

Chanyeol looks outright pissed. "Byun Baekhyun. Are you for real?"

"Of course, I am."

"I just told you I'm Bipolar."

"Well, at least you're not Schizophrenic," Baekhyun grins cheekily, then he resumes driving again, Park mansion is a few blocks away, "And whoever you are and whatever you have, I'll still love every part of you." He chuckles. "And I still think you are hot--- no, I think you are a hundred times hotter now. Oh my god!"

"You're insane," Chanyeol mutters while he shakes his head, and he admits a surge of relief has just replenished his soul now that he has nothing to hide anymore, "Why are you like this?"