[ 23 ] Nurse Jongin

*

Bzzt. Bzzt.

Sehun glances at his phone under the lamp of his study table. Putting down his pen for a while, he closes the thick Accounting book he's currently studying and gets the device to read the new message popping from their group chat.

Hello. Is there anyone still awake?

I'm kind of stuck at the convenience store and I forgot to bring my umbrella. ㅠㅠ

It's raining so hard right now. Please pick me up, I'll be waiting. ㅠㅠ

Sehun looks at the time the first chat was sent. It's 10:48 pm. Nobody has read Luhan's message yet except for him.

And it's already 11:27 pm.

"Shit," he abandons everything and stands up quickly to get a random coat from his dresser. He puts it on in haste while also simultaneously wearing his shoes. He's about to go out of the door when he comes back to turn off the lights of his room.

With an orange umbrella in hand, he trudges down the staircase in rush that he almost stumbles and falls down. Good thing he has gained balance fast, so he is running out of the mansion under the heavy rain.

The same goes with Jongin, Luhan's also got a part-time job. He's working at a convenience store nearby at night shift every Wednesdays and Thursdays. He said he wanted to help with the expenses, and he also wanted to earn money of his own because he's already graduating this year. Sehun didn't bother waking Kyungsoo up, he must be tired doing thesis. Meanwhile Jongin, he must be working overtime again at the internet cafe.

Sehun is the only one available tonight, and it has been 38 minutes already since Luhan left the message. Luhan must've been waiting there for too long.

Hearing the door chimes cling, Luhan turns around to see the newcomer entering. A bright smile paints his lips, seeing his boyfriend coming inside. Jongin closes the umbrella and whisks his damp hair.

"Did you wait that long? I'm sorry I'm late!"

"Oh god! I thought I'd gonna be stuck in here forever," Luhan cries as he meets him halfway, helping Jongin dry his hair with a spare towel. "Thanks for coming anyway. Did you read my message? I was calling you and Kyungsoo but you weren't picking up."

"I didn't hear my phone, those kids are raging. You know ROS tournament's coming up," Jongin says. He does a small bow at the store owner when she sees him coming to pick Luhan up again. "Have you had dinner yet?"

"I only had samgak from here," Luhan grins, shrugging.

Jongin laughs. "Let's have ramen first before we leave."

Sehun is quite thankful there's a crossroad before you reach the convenience store. He's also thankful that seven eleven has transparent glass walls. He doesn't have to use any more effort to take a step closer, because he can already see up here from his spot, that Jongin's already there with Luhan, and the both of them are happily eating ramen together.

"Of course," Sehun whispers to himself, smiling a little as he stares at them from a far. "The boyfriend first."

A ten-wheeler truck passes by in front of him only to splash water to his clothes.

"What the hell!" Sehun screams at the driver, but it's too late. He's already drenched from head to toe, and it's goddamned chilly. Really chilly. "Fuck you, driver!"

A passing car honks wildly at him.

The cold wind blows.

A dog from nearby barks.