* Special Chapter 1/5

*

Their van stops in front of a house, before the door opens to kick out Luhan followed by Sehun who almost fall on the ground because of the impact. Jongin who is sitting at the passenger's seat, just grins apologetically at a scowling Sehun while patting his shoulder twice.

"Bro, just remember what I taught you, okay?" Jongin says, making Sehun blush, "Stretch him up properly."

"Enjoy your second date!" Baekhyun exclaims behind Kyungsoo, the driver. He waves at the two outside.

"See you later, Baekhyun!" Luhan chimes.

Chanyeol fixes his tie and clears his throat, "Have a good time." Then he slides the door of the vehicle before looking at the male maneuvering the wheel. "Kyungsoo, let's go."

It's a bright and peaceful Sunday today and everybody is dressed nicely for two main reasons. The four guys inside the van are now heading to the columbarium to pay respects to Chanyeol's late mother, meanwhile Sehun and Luhan are out on a date at Sehun's humble abode.

This is gonna be the first time Chanyeol is visiting his mother after he regained his memories, and he admits he is feeling mixed emotions right now during the drive. Baekhyun can tell by the way Chanyeol is fumbling with his hands as he blankly stares at the window, that he is anxious and troubled deep inside.

Chanyeol takes a breath as he lets his thoughts wander. What should he feel now? Should he cry? Should he be guilty? Should he get on his knees and ask for forgiveness?

"It's going to be okay," Baekhyun whispers to Chanyeol beside him, "You don't have to think about anything. Just be honest with what you feel."

The hand on top of his knee is quite helping to ease the tension in his heart, and Chanyeol is very grateful for that. Looking up to Baekhyun's face, he watches as the male's lips form into a comforting smile that has him smiling as well.

"Okay. Let's just do that."

Baekhyun nods at him, "Your sister said she was coming, too. Is Eri with her?"

"Nope. She's with her Dad. I guess they'll meet there together..."

"I want to see her again... That pretty angel."

"But she's not that pretty. She just looks normal like her Mom..."

"Hey. How could you say that to your sister?"

"She's not here, though. She won't get mad at me."

"Ah, before I forgot... We should buy flowers, right?"

"Yeah. We could drop by at the flower shop along the highway..."

Even though talking in their gentle voices, Kyungsoo hears it from Chanyeol so he makes a mental note to drop by at the flower shop. Glancing at the backseat through the rear-view mirror, he observes how Baekhyun is now cuddled closely beside Chanyeol, his head resting against Chanyeol's arm snugly. Baekhyun is telling stories after stories the both of them only can hear, while also laughing a bit in between their conversation.

Kyungsoo can see how Chanyeol is constantly nodding and replying to Baekhyun, sometimes smiling a little and sometimes gesturing his hand while he talks. A fond smile makes its way into Kyungsoo's lips, before deciding to avert his eyes to leave the couple to their own world.

The drive to the columbarium is quite long and silent, so Kyungsoo doesn't fail to hear Jongin beside him releasing a heavy sigh as though he has the universe carried on top of his shoulders.