Special Chapter 4/5

*

"Guys? What's with this tensed atmosphere right now?"

Baekhyun glances at everyone gathered at the dining table. It is every dinner that the six of them would spend time together at home, sharing and talking about what happened during their entire day.

Tonight seems a bit different though, finding every single person around him quiet and focused on their food. The most noticeable one is Luhan who hasn't talked and touched his food ever since he sat on his chair. Kyungsoo in front of him seems to be not on himself as well; his eyes are gloomy and quite puffy as though he has been crying all day.

Jongin beside him keeps on asking Kyungsoo what's wrong, but the male would just silently shake his head and lifelessly eat his soup. Sehun appears very worried and anxious because he knows what has happened between Luhan and Kyungsoo, yet he can't even tell Jongin anything.

Helpless, Sehun just sighs as he finishes his dinner while still hearing Jongin's endless questions at his two boyfriends not emitting a single word to each other.

Baekhyun frowns on his meal. Although it tastes delicious because Chanyeol cooked it for them, he seems to lose his appetite now that he's affected by everyone's gloominess.

"I heard that Luhan got accepted on a job at a famous hotel at the suburbs," Chanyeol says as he nonchalantly chews his food, breaking the silence enveloping the air, "Congratulations on your first job. We must make a toast."

It is evident that Jongin is the most shocked hearing the news followed by Baekhyun. Baekhyun looks nothing but amazed more than surprised. The rest of the guys stay quiet.

"Really!? You got a job at a hotel?" Jongin asks, his voice sounding a mix of confusion, happiness, and disbelief, "When did you apply for the job? Where was it? Why didn't I know about this?"

"Jongin, let's talk later, okay? I'll tell you everything after dinner," Luhan mutters quietly, offering his boyfriend a small smile that confuses Jongin more.

"Hey, do you know about this?" Jongin turns to Sehun cluelessly.

Sehun longingly looks at Luhan as though to ask permission, receiving a headshake as a reply.

"What the hell was that!? You guys are keeping a secret from me?" Jongin exclaims, crossing his arms over his chest, "Even Chanyeol knew about it!"

"I just heard Luhan having a phone call with someone this morning," Chanyeol says, "And I kind of figured out he got accepted for a job." He shrugs. "I thought you already knew that. You're his boyfriend, right?"

If Sehun could only smack Chanyeol right now, then he already did it. He just doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut.

"Luhan hyung, congratulations on your first job!" Baekhyun says, who has managed to bring out a bottle of champagne to celebrate, "I hope you do well!"

"Thanks, Baekhyun," Luhan replies shortly, giving him a tiny smile.

Kyungsoo's clutch on his chopsticks tightens as he keeps his silence. After finishing his meal, he releases his chopsticks and puts them beside his bowl. He slowly pulls out his chair away and stands up, gaining everyone's attention.

"Thank you for the food," he mutters in a quiet and low voice, before he is turning around to leave without even looking at everyone.

Concerned, Jongin is about to follow him but he is stopped by Luhan gently holding his arm.