[ 19 ] * Ramen

*

The police station is quite nosier than expected when they arrive.

"No! You don't have the right to charge an assault towards me! I need to speak with my lawyer!"

"Calm down, Ma'am---"

"Don't tell me what to do! Just give me the goddamned phone! I will file a lawsuit against that woman!"

"If you keep on yelling at our officers, we won't have any choice but to detain you."

"D-detain me?! What the hell!? What kind of police are you!? Didn't you see what she did to me!? Look at the scratches on my face!"

Chanyeol runs quickly inside the station with Baekhyun trailing behind him. He sees the Chief of police sighing and two more officers standing beside his mother sitting in front of the desk.

"Good evening, officer. I'm Chanyeol Park, her son. What happened?" Chanyeol announces, and the moment Youngmi hears Chanyeol's voice, she looks up to him with delight. Chanyeol is shaking the police's hand when the woman gets up to embrace him.

Chanyeol stands there unresponsive and nonchalant.

"Sweetie! I'm glad you're now here! I've been calling your Dad but he said he's stuck in the traffic," Mrs. Park says in a lot more calmer voice compared to earlier, and the police just roll their eyes and shake their head, "Oh well. Call Attorney Jones for me so he'd take care of this. I have to go now."

"Hey. Hey, you can't go anywhere! The interrogation is not over yet!"

"For how many times do I have to tell you, it's not me who did it! I don't belong in this filthy place!" Youngmi screams. "How much do you want for you to stop!? Hundred thousand dollars? One Million?"

"This woman has gone insane," the officer mutters to his colleague.

"What the hell happened? Just what the fuck did you do?" Chanyeol asks, anger painting his face as he grabs his mother's arm.

"I didn't do anything," she denies, crossing her arms over her chest, "That bitch did it first."

"Did you just call me bitch!?"

Another Asian woman appears from the infirmary, having wounds and scratches on the side of her pretty face. Flipping her hair on her left shoulder, she tugs her blouse down to reveal one more bruise on her arm.

"Look what you did to me, you old hag!"

"What did you just fucking call me!?"

The younger woman laughs in a sarcastic tone and shakes her head.

"Officer, I already told you my story but look like this grandma here didn't understand what I said! So I'll repeat this again! I just got down from a cab in front of the hotel where I was supposed to stay and apparently this freaking woman!" She pointed at Youngmi accusingly. "She almost ran over me with her car! I politely apologized to get this thing over with, okay!? I just wanna see my son so bad so I walked away after that!" Her eyes are bulging as she faces Youngmi. "But this arrogant bitch pulled me around, alright?! Shoved me on her car! Smacked my face! Pulled my goddamned hair! And screamed curses at me while she assaulted me!!!"

The police coughs and looks at Chanyeol, "I need your mother's ID and sign, please."

"Nowhere in hell I'd give them my information! This crazy whore might be making up lies to get some money!"