[ 7 ] * Halfway Through

*

"Are you done?"

"Not yet. I'm still halfway through my essay."

Ever since they got to New York, school stopped for the both of them but knowledge shouldn't. Chanyeol decided to enroll in a curriculum which offers online courses related to his major back in Korea. He does the same for Baekhyun as well, so two to three times a week, they would sit together facing laptops in one room, spending three hours of quiet study.

Good thing his mother didn't oppose to the idea of Baekhyun joining his home schooling. She said Baekhyun's brain needs essential intelligence so his existence could match in the Park mansion somehow.

Well, sometimes (most of the times) though, Chanyeol ends up studying the anatomy of Baekhyun's body instead while Baekhyun recites Chanyeol's name like it belongs to the elements on the periodic table as he gets his anus pounded with Chanyeol's penis.

"Ahh... My head hurts," Baekhyun complains as he rubs his temples, staring down at his paper full of alphabets, sentences, and paragraphs. He misses reading and writing in his own language though, but he is quite proud of himself he's learning new things here.

"Sir, is it breaktime already?"

"No," Chanyeol says without even lifting his eyes up from the screen. He goes on typing the report he needs to send to his professor's email. It is silent and comfortable in the room, yet he can feel Baekhyun staring at his face.

Chanyeol looks at him. "Get back to your own work."

Baekhyun mentally cries. Omg! So cold!

A long and agonizing hour has finally passed with Baekhyun writing, scrolling, typing, reading and yawning, and finally he presses enter, smiling victoriously to himself.

"Yay! I completed the test. I hope I pass!"

He does some random stretching, and that's when he notices Chanyeol blinking slowly in front of his computer. With his chin resting on his hand as he stares at the screen with half-lidded eyes, Chanyeol basically looks like he's gonna fall asleep soon and smash his face against the keyboard.

Baekhyun keeps an eye on Chanyeol until his head lolls off his hand. Baekhyun is quick to catch him anyway, letting Chanyeol's head rest on top of his shoulder while he sits beside him.

"You must be really tired," Baekhyun whispers in a soft voice while he glances down at his and Chanyeol's thighs pressed side by side. Chanyeol's legs are really long compared to his shorter ones. "I wonder what you've been listening to all this time."

Baekhyun carefully takes off the right earphone from Chanyeol's ear and puts it on his own ear, so that he and Chanyeol are sharing the same earphones.

Just like how they share the same warmth and heartbeat this close.

"Come on, I said it's not turned on. See? My phone is off. Why the hell would I record it?"

"Just hide it away, sunbae! I feel really embarrassed of my voice!"

"Fine, then. Start singing."

He doesn't remember when exactly this moment happened but he's sure they were still in Korea. He's still using formalities towards Chanyeol, so it was around during high school when he was still new at the student council.

<Can I lay by your side?
Next to you... You...>

It has been a long time...