[ 6 ] * Don't Come

*

Chanyeol is outside, and he knocks on the tinted window of the car twice to catch Baekhyun's attention who is now on the driver's seat. When the other male doesn't seem to notice him, he chooses to open the door of the car, taking a seat at the back.

That's when Baekhyun finally realizes his existence.

"What's the meaning of this?"

Chanyeol's voice is surprisingly cold and stern, Baekhyun can hear a hint of anger in it. He is quite surprised seeing the man instead of Mrs. Park who told him to wait for fifteen minutes. Chanyeol is glaring at him on the rear-view mirror, his arms are crossed while his lips are tightly shut.

Baekhyun knows he's getting some kind of punishment right now. He's beginning to get nervous, swallowing the lump inside his throat as he carefully looks behind him to face Chanyeol.

"When the hell did you decide to become my mother's personal driver?"

"I thought... you understood it when I told you that day," Baekhyun reasons out, hiding his face from Chanyeol, "You asked me why I wanted to learn how to drive, and I told you I wanted to get closer to your Mom..."

"Listen," Chanyeol leans in to Baekhyun's face, his deep voice reverberating into Baekhyun's ear. He grabs Baekhyun's hair that has the male squeezing his eyes shut, "I didn't teach you how to drive to become her slave."

At recent times like this, Baekhyun feels somehow terrified. Chanyeol for some reason, has been more possessive of him ever since that day at the fountain. He can't put a finger on it, but Chanyeol wants to go everything on his way, and that includes him following every order he says and staying on his sight at all times.

He got promoted into a driver now anyway so Chanyeol won't see him do household chores anymore.

"This isn't what I want, Baekhyun. I hate it when you do things for that woman."

"But I'm not doing things for her, Chanyeol sunbae," Baekhyun answers, giving him a tiny smile, "I'm doing this for you."

Chanyeol's hand clutched on Baekhyun's hair loosens, falling on the side of his face instead. Chanyeol closes his eyes, biting back the anger rising up to him recalling that day he caught Baekhyun scrubbing the floor hard while his mother spills coffee on it.

That moment, he badly wanted to barge into that room to scream profanities at his mother but something tugged in his heart telling him not to. Something triggered inside of him saying not to intrude.

So he stood there frozen, seeing Baekhyun suffer. He didn't ask him that day. Baekhyun didn't bother to explain either.

"I apologize... for making you angry," Baekhyun says softly, "I'm working hard so please, just believe in me."

"You're keeping a secret from me."

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to earn your mother's heart."

"Why? So that she can have you?"

Baekhyun shakes his head. "No, that's not it."

"I only want you for my own, you understand?" Chanyeol mutters, caressing Baekhyun's cheek. "No one should take you away from me. Even that woman who gave birth to me."

"I understand," Baekhyun hums, closing his eyes, "I'll stay loyal to you no matter what."

"Good." Chanyeol adjusts the seat so that Baekhyun has space to move to the back. "Now come here."