* EPILOGUE

Epilogue
~11k words

Author's Note:
Thank you my dear readers for supporting The Student Council's Secret Trilogy within the past four years. I dedicate every word in this book to all my chanbaekists readers and to Chanyeol and Baekhyun themselves, my one and only inspiration.

I recommend that you listen to these wonderful songs while you read the Epilogue!

Paper Cuts by EXO-CBX;
April and A Flower Album by CHEN;
and the whole UNIVERSE Winter Album by EXO, including Been Through.

PS. Additional Special Chapters that are not included in the Epilogue will be up soon! Please wait for it!

Enjoy reading!

***

Morning is not awaited anymore when Luhan decided to return home, waking up at one in the morning with Sehun sleeping on the couch of his small apartment. After packing his only few stuff and waking Sehun up, Sehun hails a cab for them heading back to Chanyeol's mansion.

There are still dried tears on his eyes after crying because of too much regret and self-resentment for what he did--- for hurting Kyungsoo and Jongin with his words, for blatantly lying to them, and for being self-centered. He is aware of how much inconvenience and heartache he has caused to both Kyungsoo and Jongin as well as to Sehun, and he hates himself because of that, to the point that he thinks he couldn't forgive himself anymore.

Instead of receiving rebuke and criticism from Sehun, the younger male just stayed by his side and comforted him all this time, and he is very grateful of that. He sometimes thinks he doesn't deserve someone like Sehun, but he now chooses to embrace him into his life rather than blame himself again.

"Thank you for being here," he whispers to Sehun beside him which Sehun responds with a quiet smile.

The moment they arrive at the mansion, Luhan finds the gates opened as though Jongin and Kyungsoo purposely left it for him. Sehun follows behind carrying his stuff as he walks first into the main door entering the house.

"I'll just stay outside," Sehun says as he stops at the door, "You should go and meet them again."

"We left together so we should go in together..."

"But I don't think I should be inside, too."

"Sehun, I want you to come with me."

Slowly opening the door, Luhan peeks inside until he is stepping at the living room, finding the lights turned off. He proceeds pacing quietly, allowing Sehun to just stay from a far by the door. His heart is ringing inside his ears, spotting Jongin sitting on the couch with his face lowered as though he was praying.

Luhan opens his mouth in attempt announce his presence, but then he hesitates. He already told himself before coming here that he shouldn't back away, but the guilt he is feeling surrounds him seeing Jongin again like it has been a long time.

He slowly steps back, and the noise he makes with his shoes causes Jongin to shoot his head up. Their eyes instantly meet, and the first thing he notices is Jongin's swollen eyes brimmed with tears and the dark rings under them.

Trying his very best, he swallows the outcoming cry from his mouth when the male immediately stands up to come towards him. Before Jongin can even get any closer, he quickly gets on his knees and kneels on the floor in front of the male who is utterly surprised of what he did.