[ 40 ] Of Friendship and Polyamory

*

"OH!!! SEHUN!!!! YOOHOO!!! WHERE ARE YOU!?"

Sehun stops walking and immediately turns his back around, "Oh, shit."

"Sehunnieeeee!!!"

Running for dear life along the hallway, he doesn't look back a single bit while looking for a place to hide. He sees the closest possible hiding place which is Baekhyun's room, so he enters it and slams the door shut after locking it securely.

Baekhyun, who's resting on his bed right now, slightly gets up to see a panicked Sehun 'sshhh'-ing at him, his eyes begging.

"Baekhyun," Luhan calls from the outside, knocking on the door, "Is Sehun in there?"

Please, don't tell him I'm here, Sehun mouths at Baekhyun as he puts his hands together while he pleads. Please!

"Can I come inside your room!? I think I just saw Sehun walking in there!"

"It's really messy in here, I'm cleaning my room right now!" Baekhyun obviously lies as he throws Sehun a fishy stare, "And no, Luhan hyung! Sehun's not here! Isn't he at school with Jongin?"

Thanks! You're the best, Sehun rejoices while he plops himself on the bed beside Baekhyun squinting his eyes at him.

"Oh, he is?" Luhan mutters to himself, massaging his chin as he now walks away, "Hmm. But I think I just saw him here, though."

Sehun breathes a long one, joining Baekhyun to his staring feat at the ceiling. He's quite glad Baekhyun doesn't ask anymore, Baekhyun already knew anyway, about Luhan asking him out. He thought it was just a practical joke but Luhan cornering him three days after avoiding him proved that he really did mean saying 'Be my third boyfriend, Sehun.'

Of course he didn't know what to answer on the spot at that moment. He was shook or maybe flustered or maybe confused, so what he did was just embarrassingly ran away and excused himself because of diarrhea.

Baekhyun and him both let out an agonizing sigh at the same time while they stare blankly at the ceiling.

"What's bothering you?" Sehun asks, looking at the male beside him who's been holding a square piece of card in his hand, "You look so depressed."

"Chanyeol sunbae's mother wrote me a note," Baekhyun says, and he's feeling his eyes getting watery again, "At the back of this invitation..."

"What did she say?" Sehun asks, reading the note himself.

I just ask you to take care of my son if ever I'd be gone. That's my only wish for my 60th birthday.

I'm sorry for mistreating you.

The silence is albeit comfortable and melancholic but it's not that suffocating. Sehun can tell Baekhyun was pained by it and he has already cried. He's knows Baekhyun has been through a lot of emotional distress and bringing it up again, talking about it again, and consoling him again, would be just repetitive. Even if he doesn't ask him verbally, he can sense that he's always been fine and is still holding up.

"You want a hug?"

Baekhyun tiny smiles, "Just buy me ice cream anytime."

"Okay."

"How about you? Are you all right?"

Sehun slowly shakes his head, "No..." He releases a sigh and covers his eyes using his palms. "I'm actually so confused right now..."