[ 15 ] * That Five Point Five

*

"Ah, faster, Baekhyun!"

Using his quick hands, Baekhyun furiously taps the button with his bottom lip caught in between his teeth. He doesn't stop pressing hard to aim the brain, yet his character ends up dying when the monster shoots his head with a light beam.

The game over music plays when Baekhyun is defeated. He looks up to Chanyeol, pouting.

"I'm sorry..."

"Fuck, I said tap it faster," Chanyeol mutters, rolling his eyes. Taking a seat beside the smaller male, he pulls up his sleeves and glares at the monitor. "Let me avenge you. Watch."

Baekhyun grins.

It's a bright and sunny Saturday today and they're at the arcade. After getting discharged from the hospital, Baekhyun promised Chanyeol that he'd make up to him for all his mistakes--- so here they are at the mall, strolling for a date right now. Chanyeol didn't want this cheesy-as-fuck idea though, but the offer of Baekhyun getting fucked in the cinemas changed his mind.

"Wow! You're so good at this, Chanyeol sunbae," Baekhyun praises with shining eyes as he watches Chanyeol play. Chanyeol is expertly killing all the zombies by practically breaking the arcade machine. People beside them are starting to throw them weird glances when Chanyeol curses at the one-eyed monster for taking his power-up.

In the end, Chanyeol wins.

Baekhyun is more than happy. Meanwhile Chanyeol pretends he is not the one who's happier seeing Baekhyun happy.

"3,500 tickets in all, Sir," the lady says after counting all the tickets Chanyeol has won. "What would you like as your prize?"

Chanyeol turns to Baekhyun.

"Oh! Uhm, Let's see," Baekhyun chimes, wandering his eyes around the expensive toys and scanning all the colorful displays. He points at something big and fluffy, "That one!"

The lady hands the stuffed toy to Baekhyun who hugs it right away like a kid. Chanyeol hides the chuckle escaping his mouth so he just proceeds walking with a forced cough.

Baekhyun skips and follows him, smiling ear-to-ear.

"Chanyeol sunbae!"

"What?"

"This looks exactly the same as the one in the claw machine," Baekhyun says as they walk side by side out of the arcade, "That toy puppy I was trying to get."

"Oh, that one."

"Yes," Baekhyun answers, burying his nose in the stuffed corgi's soft fur, "Thank you so much! I'm glad you got it for me."

"I could buy this place for you, though."

"Because that is how much you love me?"

"No," Chanyeol says, "Because that is how amazing I am."

Baekhyun shuts up after that. Chanyeol is right, argument about the topic is invalid.

"Look! A photobooth! Omg! Let's take a picture!"

Chanyeol has no other choice but to get himself dragged by the wrist inside the booth. Even if he resists, Baekhyun is already putting cute accessories on his head, making him just mentally curse because what the fuck, this is the first time he wore a hat with bunny flapping ears.

"Smile!"

For the five different poses, Baekhyun sticks his head closer to Chanyeol and does a heart sign, a v-sign, a love sign, an L-sign, and a wink. Chanyeol maintains a closed-lipped smile.