[ 30 ] A Parallel of Sentiments

*

It has been a month since he left New York.

[The number you are trying to call is unavailable at this moment. Please leave a message after...]

And Baekhyun hasn't heard of Chanyeol for a week now.

The first three weeks of being long-distance was okay, they would chat 24/7 and talk to each other every night, telling stories after stories what happened in their entire day. It only started to fail one night when Baekhyun missed a call from Chanyeol because he was asleep.

Friday • 11:57PM
1 missed call, Chanyeol Sunbae

It was the last detail of Chanyeol attempting to contact him ever since that day, and Baekhyun feels utterly heartbroken and anxious. As he lies on the bed with a phone in hand, he taps again the speech bubble icon on his phone and binge-reads among the hundreds of unread messages he sent to Chanyeol for the whole week.

Saturday • 6:14AM
Good morning, Chanyeol sunbae! I was trying to call you back but you weren't picking up. I was sleeping already when you called me last night. What's up?

Sunday • 10:40PM
Chanyeol sunbae, are you sleeping already? Good night, then. Kiss. Kiss. Kiss.

Monday • 9:01AM
Good morning! I'm off to school now. I love you!

Monday • 11:28AM
You're not forgetting to take your meds, are you? I'm worried! Please call me. ㅠㅠ

Tuesday • 5:02PM
How are your parents doing at home? I saw Yura's post and looks like you went out together for dinner~ I asked her but seems like she hasn't read my message yet.

Tuesday • 8:19PM
I passed the exam today! We ate in a family restaurant after class. We should go there together, too, when you came back. I'm excited!

Wednesday • 6:14PM
I'm horny! Should I send nudes? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Friday • 8:08AM
It was Jongin and Kyungsoo's birthday yesterday and we were forced to leave the house. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °). I'm bored, though. I wonder what you're doing. Should I give you a call?

Friday • 9:11PM
Chanyeol sunbae, you must be really busy right now... Please read my message at least. I'm very worried...

"It has been a week," Baekhyun mutters to himself as he clutches his heavy chest. Wiping the tears falling from his eyes, he curls himself into a ball and silently cries, just like the other day and yesterday of him basked into his lonely depressing thoughts. "Why isn't he answering me... Is he going to leave me now?"

The thumbs on the screen of his phone are shaking as Baekhyun types a message to Chanyeol that he keeps on deleting. He can't think of anything to say. He has been calling him nonstop, every hour, everyday, but Chanyeol won't still pick up. Thinking about something bad happening to Chanyeol only put him into tears and brought him an anxious heart.

"No... He promised that he's coming back," Baekhyun consoles himself in between sobs, recollecting all his faith to Chanyeol. "Right... I should wait for him.... I shouldn't be thinking negatively like this..."

A gentle knock on the door pulls him out of his trance, so he immediately straightens up on the bed and rubs his tears-soaked eyes with his shirt. "C-come in."

Kyungsoo carefully enters the room, closing the door behind him as he stands a good distance from Baekhyun on the bed. He studies the male's pitiful state--- hair disheveled and swollen eyes, and it makes his heart sink. Baekhyun hasn't been coming out of his room nor has he been eating properly these days just waiting for Chanyeol's call.