[ 13 ] The Student Council's Secret: * Halloween Special Chapter (1/2)

*

"The Three AM Challenge of the Haunted Painting."

"Huh?"

"It's the trend, you know! Every student in our school has already done it!" Jongin animatedly says, "And everybody's anticipating for the Student Council to take on the challenge!"

"That's so fucking lame," Jongdae comments as he plays candy crush on his phone while his feet are perched on the council table, "I'd rather fuck my boyfriend on three am than do that shit."

"Agreed," Minseok comments without raising his head from the thick theoretical science books he's flipping.

"You're no fun! What do I expect from a fucking old hag anyway?" Luhan retorts, which Minseok answers with an accurate kick on the shin.

Jongin just rolls his eyes, "Anyway, here's the catch."

The guys come closer to the huddle when Jongin slits his eyes and cups his hand to his mouth, indicating he has to whisper something confidential. Kyungsoo beside him doesn't look a bit interested though, yet his right ear still listens otherwise. Meanwhile Luhan's eyes are sparkling with great enthusiasm same goes for Baekhyun whose hands are already shaking in excitement as he intently listens to the tanned-skinned male.

"Whoever succeeds in putting their initials on the haunted painting," Jongin whispers dramatically, "will have their wish come true."

Baekhyun gasps in surprise, "Really!?"

"Yeah," Jongin replies, "All you have to do is go to the Art Room at the fourth floor of the oldest building at three am, put your name on the painting, and leave. That's it."

"That's so fucking easy! What a piece of cake!" Luhan chimes, laughing. Kyungsoo clicks his tongue as he smiles a knowing smirk. He shakes his head before he closes the book he is reading.

"Unless you won't see her then it's gonna be easy."

"Her?" Jongin asks, lifting an eyebrow.

"Oh, so you didn't know?" Kyungsoo crosses his arms while three pairs of curious eyes watch him. "The lady on the haunted painting, Eve, was the muse of the art. She won't let anyone get near her portrait that was why no one has successfully written their initials yet. They say her ghost was roaming around the school finding the artist of the painting, who was her lover. She wanted to thank him for painting her."

"That's....so romantic," Baekhyun says dreamily, his eyes practically forming hearts. "I wish someone could paint me, too!"

Luhan and Jongin shoot him a weird glance.

"Yeah, paint your face with his come," Kyungsoo answers, then he side-eyes the unsuspecting President who's busy and seriously (and handsomely) typing away on his laptop.

Baekhyun blushes at that.

"Wait, how did you know all that?" Jongin asks, a little bit skeptical. "I thought you're not interested about shit like this."

"Ghosts interest me," Kyungsoo says, and the way he said it just sends a cold chill on Jongin's spine, he gulps, "So yeah. Come on, let's do it."

"D-do what!?"

"The challenge. Let's put our initials on the haunted painting."

"Hah! Psh!" Jongin says, waving a flippant hand, "That's just a rumor! Haunted painting? Nah, all bullshit. Only an idiot would believe that!"