[ 33 ] Been Through

*

"Chanyeol sunbae... It's you, right?"

The man turns around and their eyes meet, and Baekhyun's tears automatically roll down his cheeks, seeing the name Chanyeol on the cup of coffee the man is now holding in his hand.

"Y-you're here," Baekhyun mutters in a broken voice as he cries in front of him, "Finally... I saw you again... Y-you came back..."

Baekhyun stares at Chanyeol's face, noting how grubby it is with grease and dirt specked on his cheeks. His hair is totally disheveled and thick, and there's a small cut on the side of his lips like he's been into a fight. Everything about him seems lost and abandoned, he looks different, he looks so pitiful.

"W-w-w-what happened to you..." Baekhyun's heart painfully clenches at the sight of Chanyeol now clad in soiled clothes. He doesn't even have shoes, wearing only a pair of slippers in this cold weather, "W-why... Why do you look like this..."

His knees finally give in as he feels weak, making him kneel on the ground while he sobs his lungs out. He can't bear witness Chanyeol in this horrendous state. It just feels like a dream, but it isn't.

Seeing a guy crying on his knees in front of him right now, the man looks around him cluelessly, seeing people not giving a single damn about them. Hesitantly, he steps closer to the sobbing male and sheds him the umbrella.

Baekhyun feels the rain suddenly stop on his spot although he can still hear it loud and clear, so he cranes his neck up with his tear-filled eyes. He sees Chanyeol now holding the umbrella for him.

"You'll get sick like that..."

With trembling fingers, the man shows him the cup of coffee he is holding.

"Is this yours? I'm sorry if I took it, I was just thirsty..."

Baekhyun feels like crumbling down when Chanyeol smiles at him--- a guiltless smile that is too good to be true, an ignorant smile that tears his heart into millions of pieces, an innocent smile like it has been only the first time.

"Baekhyun!"

He turns to the voice suddenly calling his name under the rain. He sees the cab he rode earlier stopping beside the street and Jongin hastily getting off the vehicle with an umbrella.

"What happened!?" Jongin says in panic, helping a soaked Baekhyun get up by holding his arms. He suddenly looks to where Baekhyun is staring at--- to the unfamiliar man standing a meter away from them.

Scarred for life as he hears the loud cars honking around him, the man turns his back away to run and escape.

"NO!!! CHANYEOL SUNBAE! DON'T GO!!!" Baekhyun screams aloud while he cries, attempting to follow him. Jongin stops him and holds his body in place. "DON'T LEAVE ME!!! PLEASE!!! COME BACK!!!"

"Baekhyun! What's happening to you!?" Jongin says as he pulls Baekhyun back yet Baekhyun won't look at him, his eyes are unfocused as he trembles while pointing at a distance.

"I... I... saw him... Chanyeol sunbae... He-he's here... I... saw him..."

"What are you talking about!?"

Baekhyun is breathing hard as he cries furiously. He suddenly loses his consciousness in Jongin's arms who immediately catches him before he falls on the ground. Muttering a curse under his breath, Jongin touches Baekhyun's forehead, and he immediately jerks his hand when he feels it burning hot. He carries the passed out male and immediately calls for help.