I Just Want My Wife Back!

Y/N POV

The last day of Tae being in La was bittersweet. I wanted him to do what he loved but I couldn't be there with him and I was preparing my first week at my new job. He was going back to Korea to get on schedule with the boys and work on the rest of the tour in Asia. I didn't want him to leave because I feared being left alone. When I moved back to LA I always wanted to be alone; the idea of being alone was glued to me ever since three months ago. But spending time with Tae helped change all that. I was becoming more of myself again. Wanting to do things I haven't done in such a long time. I was no longer drowning with guilt, sadness, and loneliness because of Tae.

We were in my car, driving down the highway to the airport. It was 5 pm, the stars glittered right above us as the cool breeze blew into our faces on both sides of the window. I held onto his keeping my eyes on the road, while the other held the steering wheel. He takes a peek at me, smiling at me and looks at his phone. His phone has been going off the usual, so he put it on silent. 

"You're phone has been going of like crazy all day. Actually the whole time you vacationed here" I chuckle

"It has, huh?" He chuckles

"It seems important. Why don't you take it?" I ask

"I-i-it's nothing. Really" He says leaning his head against the window.

"Are you sure? I mean you have tours coming up, so I'm pretty sure it's PD wondering about your whereabouts. After all I was you guy's assistant manager"

"Y/N...like I said it's nothing" Tae's voice growing more aggravated.

"Tae I don't see the harm in picking up the phone and calling whoev-"

"Y/N!! Will you stop, please!" He yells "It's not important so therefore you shouldn't worry!" He places his head back on the seat and lets out a frustrated sigh.

My hands shakes as I still held on to the steering wheel. I honestly didn't know why he didn't want to pick up the phone if it had something work related. I was feeling rather scared at how he lashed at me and I didn't want to push him over the edge if I kept questioning him, so I kept quiet.

We got to the airport 3 minutes later and I park in the airport's parking lot. I undid my seat belt and take out my keys from the steering wheel. I was about to get out of the car when Tae's hand grabs my hand and pulls me back in.

"Y/N...I'm sorry for lashing out at you. I didn't mean to scare or upset you. I really am." He chokes back on his tears, caressing my face with his other hand "It's just that..I'm going to be leaving you for a while. Who knows when I'll comeback. It could be months or even a year. I just wanted to spend our last moments together, without any interruptions, before I leave for my flight."

I lean in closer, close enough where our noses touched "I understand how scared and stressed you are leaving me. But just know that I'm not going anywhere. I will always be here. I'm a text an phone call away. Even though I have not been communicating with the rest of the group, I still think about them."

"Even about...Hoseok?" He questions

I can feel my stomach turn to knots when Tae looks at me with sad and angry eyes. But I told myself to calm down before I continued. "Y-y-yes. I still have to show just as much care, love and respect for him, like how I do for you, the boys, Alex, Big Hit, at my new job and even to people I don't get along with very well." I let go of his had and held up his chin to look further into my eyes "It's showing compassion, Tae." 

I looked at the time and saw it was 5:30 Pm and Tae's flight was at 8 pm. I wanted to make sure that he checked in on time before it became chaotic. I get out of the car and close it and wait for Tae to take out his luggage from the trunk. He comes around with his luggage and stands right in front of me, staring at me with watery eyes.