CHAPTER SEVEN

LAWRENCE held Cyan against him and lifted her easily as if she weighed like a feather.

"It's alright," bulong muli ni Lawrence kay Cyan.

He buried his face on her neck and inhaled her scent, calming himself down, comforting himself that Cyan is safe and whole. Pagkatapos niyon ay umalis na sila roon, karga-karga pa rin si Cyan na ayaw bumitaw sa kaniya at mahigpit pa rin ang kapit. He couldn't even see her face.

Dennis drove them out of the city and back to the ranch.

While still in the car, Lawrence felt Cyan's clutches slowly loosening and realized that she had fallen asleep, must be out of exhaustion. He lovingly gazed at her and got rid of the dried blood on her face using wet wipes. Hindi naistorbo ang pagtulog ni Cyan sa ginawa niya. Bakas pa rin ang takot nito sa mukha.

Tinanong niya si Dennis kung ano ang nangyari. Nagagalit siya sa sarili kung bakit hindi niya naprotektahan si Cyan at nailagay na naman ito sa kapahamakan. Pinaliwanag naman agad ni Dennis ang buong pangyayari.

"I kept her under my watch all the time. When I first caught the vampire's scent, I immediately followed it. May nakita akong dalawa, isa sila sa mga nakalaban ko, pero umalis din sila agad. Then, I came back to her classroom, pero hindi ko na siya inabutan dahil tapos na ang klase niya. That's why I followed her scent and found more vampire scents along with hers. Cyan was planning exactly what you have told me. Binalak nga niyang tumakas, pero dahil sa mga bampira ay nabulilyaso ang plano niya," paliwanag nito.

Lawrence glanced at his sleeping beloved. He knew she would do that—try to escape from him even if she knew that she couldn't. It pained him a little, knowing that she still wants to be away from him even though she can also feel their bond.

"I'm completely capable of defeating them. But the woman sneaked up on me and attacked Cyan instead. I'm sorry, Alpha. I should have done better. Mas maganda siguro kung si Gabriel na ang ipalit mo sa 'kin bilang personal guard ni Cyan," sabi ni Dennis.

"It's not okay, but I'm not blaming you for what happened," sagot ni Lawrence sa kaniyang second-in-command.

Nakarating sila sa mansyon kung saan sinalubong sila agad ni Gian. Bakas sa mukha nito ang pag-aalala.

"What's wrong with her? Is she harmed?" tanong nito nang makitang walang malay si Cyan.

"She's just asleep," sagot ni Lawrence sa kapatid.

"What happened, then?"

Dennis explained to her the whole story so Lawrence could get inside to take care of Cyan. But Cyan stirred when she heard the loud voices. Pinanood ni Lawrence ang pagmulat ng mga mata nito habang papasok sila sa loob ng sala. He then brought her down on one of the couches and let her adjust her thoughts. Noong una ay wala itong ekspresyon sa mukha habang nakatitig sa kisame.

Sumunod sa kanila sina Gian at Dennis, maging si Gabriel.

"I'm dead, right?" said Cyan, her emotionless voice cracking.

"No," agad na sagot ni Lawrence. "You're alive and safe."

Cyan sat on the couch, wincing in pain when her back and head throbbed painfully. She might have broken something.

"Saan may masakit sa 'yo?" alalang tanong ni Lawrence na lumapit agad sa kaniya.

"It's nothing. I just hurt my head back there," anito at sumandal sa sofa. She opened her eyes for she had closed them tightly to hold her pain. Tiningnan nito si Lawrence. "Are you going to explain to me now?" she asked, her tone emotionless, just like her expressionless face.

Lawrence stared back at her for a moment. Gian also glared at him but didn't say anything, then he answered. "I will tell you everything you want to know."