CHAPTER EIGHT

CYAN was breathing fast. The force was gone, but she remained frozen on the bed.

"What do you mean finally marked me?" she asked, bewildered.

He revealed his canines to her, causing her to gasp in surprise. Did he just mean what she thinks he means? Her eyes narrowed at him.

"You wouldn't..."

"We'll see to that..." he said, with a low growl, challenged by her defiance. His wolf resurfaced, eager to prove to their beloved what they can do.

A knock on the door broke the tension between them. Lawrence growled, not pleased of being disturbed.

"Kuya, Alpha Zafrix is calling," tawag ni Gian mula sa labas ng kuwarto.

Nakahinga nang maluwag si Cyan. Binuksan ni Lawrence ang pinto at inabot ang cellphone na hawak ng kapatid. Cyan took that as a chance to flee the room.

"We're not finished, Cyan." She heard him promise behind her.

A shiver ran down her spine as she imagined his canines piercing her skin. It will probably hurt a lot. She wondered if he really means to bite her or something. But what else does marking someone means?

"Did my brother piss you off again?" tanong ni Gian na nakasunod pala sa kaniya.

Bahagya siyang nagulat at nilingon ito. She was smiling at her.

"Did you know that he just moved all of my things in his room?" tanong niya.

Gian looked at her sheepishly. "Oo. I was actually the one who packed up your clothes," pag-amin nito.

Cyan looked blankly at the woman. Pero hindi niya makuhang magalit dito. Tahimik silang bumaba ng hagdan.

"I'm going to cook for dinner. Want to accompany me?" asked Gian.

Cyan nodded. She is not in the mood to review her lessons anyway. Kahit na bukas na ang exam niya.

"I'm sorry about my brother, Cyan. He is really nice once you've got to know him. It's only natural for us werewolves to feel very possessive of what's ours. Possessive lang talaga kaming mga werewolf, at mas malala kapag Alpha," sabi nito sa kaniya habang inihahanda ang mga ingredients sa ilulutong ulam.

"Do you always prepare the food alone?" takang tanong niya habang pinanonood itong ekspertong hinuhugasan ang karne.

"Not really. Late lang sina Myenne at Jennica. May inasikaso lang sila sa pack house," sagot nito.

"You have a pack house?"

"Yup. That's our very own mansion. Para na rin sa mga miyembro namin na gustong tumira kasama kami, pero pinagtayo pa rin namin sila ng sarili nilang mga bahay."

"So, matagal pang matatapos iyon?" tanong ni Cyan. She was thinking that she could live alone in this house if that happens.

Tiningnan siya ni Gian. Malamang nabasa na naman nito ang iniisip niya base sa ekspresyon nito sa mukha.

"It's nearly done," sagot nito.

"Nearly? Done?" she eagerly asked.

"Cyan... Hindi papayag si Kuya sa gusto mo," sabi nito, hindi nagustuhan ang tono niya. "I know what you are thinking. It's not difficult to read you."

Napaisip siya sa sinabi nito. Gaano ba ka-strong ang bond between two beloveds? She admitted that she does like Lawrence. She's attracted to him to the point that she always wants to see him. Pero hindi pa siya handa sa gusto nito.

"How does the bond work, Gian?" she asked the woman curiously.

Gian suddenly looked uncomfortable. "I haven't met my beloved yet, so... I'll try my best to tell you." Dhe took a deep breath and thought hard. "Sabi ni Mommy, once raw na ma-meet namin ang nakatadhana sa 'min, mararamdaman daw agad namin iyong attraction. It is a type of attraction that an individual wouldn't want their other half to leave their side, not even for a second. She also told me that once the two beloveds met, their primary instinct is to mark each other, para ipakita sa ibang werewolf na may nagmamay-ari na sa kanila." Gian looked even more uncomfortable as she continued. Maging si Cyan ay nakakaramdam na rin ng hiya. "And another instinct for the beloveds the first night after they met is to..." Gian gazed at her, not wanting to continue anymore.