Part 4; Flash

Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools and accepted by idiots. ~ anonymous

Groups and groups of students meet up together and exchange hugs and kisses as they reminisce about the non-existent tans they got over summer break and how they had an amazing time at this party and at that party... even though summer break ended last week. As I walk past them all, I feel all of their eyes on me. And I mean all of their eyes on me.

"Did she go to jail?"

Nope. Not me.

"Didn't she get sent to summer school?"

Yeah right!

"I heard she went crazy."

I am a crazy bitch, all right.

I roll my eyes as they practically make a path for me. The walk to the administration office shouldn't feel as long as it does, but with all of these judgmental people, I'm not surprised. Hearing all of the whispers and all of the rumors makes me feel insecure. Don't all of these people have anything better to talk about?

Don't worry, by tomorrow they'll be talking about a cheerleader who slept with a teacher.

High school, am I right? I reach the office and walk over to the desk.

"Can I help you?" the woman asks harshly.

I scratch the back of my neck, "yeah, today's my first day."

"Name?"

"Raven Garcia," I respond.

Garcia is my mother's surname. I use it instead of Stark so no one asks whether or not I am related to Tony Stark. I hate that dreaded question because I don't know how to answer it.

Oh yeah, he's my father's brother and he ruined our lives!

The woman prints out a bunch of papers and hands them to me, "your schedule, locker number and locker combination. You have an appointment with the guidance counselor at 9 sharp."

The guidance counselor?! Barf.

"Thanks," I mutter and pull the papers out of her hand, leaving the office.

I look down at my number- it's right around the corner. I huff and turn right to more students turning to look at me. Well isn't this fantastic? As I walk to my locker, I hear the same whispers I heard earlier. Nothing very different. I see some familiar faces in the crowd, but I don't really care to recall any of their names. They aren't important people to me.

I unlock my locker and slam it open, seeing students flinch from the corner of my eye. I dangle my bag in front of me and pull out my countless exercise books and textbooks. No wonder why it felt like a rock on my back! I shove them all in in a pile and check my schedule. First is... Calculus.

Fun.

I put my Calculus textbook and exercise books back into my bag and shove it back onto my shoulders. I slam my locker door shut to see a figure standing behind the door. I jump a little.

It's Flash. Again.

"Raven, you're back!" he laughs.

I glare at him, "what do you want, Flash?"

He puts his palms up, "I'm just here to wish you a warm welcome back at Midtech."

"Bullshit you do," I scoff.

For the past few years at Midtech, Flash and I have absolutely hated eachother. I don't like him and the way he acts and it seems like the feeling is mutual. But he shows his hatred towards me more aggressively than I do. I once... cut myself because of something he said that I would prefer not to relive.