Part 43; Spare No One

Being weak doesn't make you worthless. Being strong doesn't make you invincible. But having those two sides makes you, you ~ Danielle Baker

The new suit is much better than the old one, it's safe to say. It feels as if there is hardly anything on my body, which sounds weird, but is a good thing in a way. Slitting Mary's throat will be easier without the weight of my wings. The only thing that made me jump out of my skin is the voice that appeared as soon as the suit was fitted completely.

"Good evening, Raven," the voice had said.

When I screamed, both Tony and Peter especially, burst out into a fit of laughter. "Ha ha ha, hilarious," I mock them, rolling my eyes.

"I'm sorry," Tony apologizes half-heartedly, wiping a tear from his eye. "Your reaction was priceless."

Peter can't help but smile, his dimples forming, before sliding his mask on, "you can name her, if you like."

I tilt her, "name her?"

"Yeah," he shrugs slightly, "I named mine Karen."

Hm. "I'll be thinking of names for a while now," I tell him with a sly smile.

"Where would you like me to take you?" the voice asks.

"Well, where's the nearest, abandoned junkyard? Because I'm pretty sure that's the one we're going to," a frown falls upon my face. Perhaps I should have memorized the route when I was chasing Mary. If only I wasn't so busy chasing her.

"Preparing route..."

Tony takes off, hovering above the roof, waiting for me to give directions. Peter meanders towards me slowly. "Hey," he whispers.

I raise an eyebrow and let out a small laugh, "hi?"

He rubs the back of his neck awkwardly and I can practically see his wince through his mask, "are you sure you're up for this? I mean, you're kind of a conflict-of-interest and you nearly died, like literally, almost died. The bandages on your body prove that. Maybe it's--"

"--Peter," I place a hand on his shoulder. It's more broad than I could have ever guessed. "He's my brother. I would die for him. You would sacrifice your life for May or Michelle and that's how I feel. You shouldn't even be here. I shouldn't be asking you to die for--"

"--Raven," he imitates me by placing his hand lightly on my shoulder. His grip feels protective. "He's your brother. And it's not just Michelle or May I would die for. I would die for anyone I care about, that includes you. And I'm not letting you do this without me. I told you I'd be there for you and so here I am."

The joy on my face is inevitable.

"Are you kids coming or not?"

The three of us stand atop the rooftop I was dropped from all of those weeks ago. A sharp gust of wind blows past, freezing my entire body. Yet, I am sure that this isn't the reason for the chill that sends tremors down my entire spine.

"This is it," I nod towards the junkyard in front of us.

To anyone who walks by, this is just a junkyard filled with useless tires and bits of scraps, but to the three of us who all know the secrets behind the metallic fence, this is more. This could be it.

"So we're just going to barge in there?" Peter asks.

Tony sighs, "if you want a death wish, sure. We just have to find a spot to sneak into the warehouse. Then we barge in."

"So we are just going to barge in there," I retort.

"But we aren't just going to barge in there."