Part 35; Anger Blinds

When you experience loss, people say you'll go through the 5 stages of grief... denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance... what they don't tell you is that you'll cycle through them all every day ~ Ranata Suzuki

Finally, I look somewhat decent. After me screaming in pain for ten whole minutes, Cassie finally managed to untangle a decent abundance of the knots in my hair. The bags underneath my eyes from both sadness and exhaustion are still visible, but less obvious. A simple shower seemed to do me good.

Now, I'm back to my glamorous old self and on the warpath. Anyone or anything that gets in my way will automatically be lying on the sidewalk with a broken neck... explicit, yet true. A fire rages ferociously in my blue eyes. My heart pounds, adrenaline pumping through my veins.

Cassie brushed my hair for me and helped clean my room a little. Then she left, telling me to "take care". I'll take care, alright. Take care when Tony's lifeless body lays on the floor in front of me. An eye for an eye, they say. A life for a life. He could have saved dad and he didn't.

It's all his fault.

But first, I have unfinished business to take care of. Mom didn't even question where I was going when I stormed out of the door and onto my bike. She only looked out after me in hope. Hope that I'm doing what I need to do to get over it.

Of course I am.

The wind whips my hair around my face, but I don't let it bother me. The engine of the motorcycle revs as the speed increases, definitely going over the limit. No cops are around, much to my relief. Surrounding cars on the other hand are definitely not pleased with me.

Whispers and murmurs arise heavily as I stride through the doors of Midtown School of Science and Tech. My heart leaps out of my chest, the speed increasing faster than my bike did. It's the end of the day so the hallways are packed as per usual.

"Did she get sent away again?"

Deep breaths.

"Is she a runaway?"

Inhale and exhale.

"I heard that she was sent to some loony bin or something."

Inhale and exh--

"She seems psychotic, I wouldn't be surprised."

Throw hands.

On any other day, I would ignore these rumors and these ludicrous accusations. But today, nothing will mess with me and these idiotic sheep who follow ideas without having them confirmed need to be taught a lesson.

I turn around instantly and address everyone who is staring at me in this corridor. "In my life, I have encountered a bunch of stupid jerks, but none of them compare to any of you!" I roar, "you're all believing rumors that started from what? The fact that I was gone for two weeks? I could have gone anywhere and you assume I was hospitalized! Things fucking happen in a person's life that they don't want to broadcast to the entire world so you all need to back off and find someone else's life to perv on and if you don't, you will have it coming!"

All eyes in the audience have widened by at least double. This is done. If anyone else bothers me, they will face the wrath of Raven Garcia on the path to war. "What is all this commotion?" someone barks, stepping in front of me and blocking my way.

Pinell's jaw drops a little as I stop dead in my tracks. Seeing him reminds me of the idea that he had first proposed to me. For once, I'm elated to see him. "I need to speak with you," I command, storming into the room he came out of.