Part 20; Girl Talk

He had beautiful eyes, the kind you could get lost in, and I guess I did ~ anonymous

My bags are all packed and ready to go. My heart, on the other hand... not very ready to go. Going to Washington means getting all buddy-buddy with Peter and getting all buddy-buddy with Peter involves a big interrogation and I am not ready to open up again. Opening up to people is hard. Telling someone all of your problems is hard. I don't get how people can go and see a therapist weekly. That just adds another person to the list of people who couldn't care less about you and judge you for your problems. But if anyone is ballsy enough to face a challenge, Raven Garcia will do it. Unlike some people, I don't run from my problems- I man up.

I throw my large bag over my shoulder and carry a backpack on my back. Despite all of the weight I'm carrying, walking -running- down the stairs isn't a difficult task for me. I guess superhuman abilities can be pretty handy sometimes. I drop the bags effortlessly onto the floor and enter the kitchen to grab some snacks for the way. Stopping off at Delmar's might even be a good idea to get Peter a sandwich too.

Maybe I could blackmail him into not asking me any questions with a sub!

Not a bad idea, subconscious... not a bad idea at all.

The doors of the pantry fly open and I rummage through the food, most of which appears to Cam's. "Jesus, Cam! How much food do you need?" I say to no one in particular.

"A lot," a voice replies, "I'm a growing boy!" I stop shoving through packets and packets of chips and spin around to see him sitting on a kitchen stool.

"How long have you been there?" I ask him.

His forehead creases, "I've been here all this time. How did you not see me?"

"I must just be excited for Washington then," I shrug.

His eyes widen, "Washington? What's Washington?"

I stick my head in the fridge as I fail to register what he's implying. "Washington is the capital of our beloved country, Cam. What do those teachers do at that school of your's? Because they clearly don't teach." I respond.

He groans, "you know I didn't mean it like that. But seriously, Washington?"

I face him, my brows furrowed, "the academic decathlon team..."

His face still highlights his unawareness, "what the hell is the academic decathlon team?"

"Okay, do you never listen or do I just never tell you anything?"

Cam smirks, "I dunno, Ray. I'm a pretty good listener."

"I had to tell you who's funeral we were at last year... it was grandma's funeral in case you didn't hear me those five times," I scoff, filling my hands with random snacks.

"Unnecessary info," he weakly retorts, "now back to this. Please, explain!"

"I'm going to be in Washington for the weekend for the academic decathlon team which is--"

He interrupts, "--okay and that's all I had to know. Have fun big sis." He takes off. I roll my eyes. Good listener, my ass.

Footsteps trail into the kitchen and I assume that it is Cam, coming back to find out more or steal some of the food that I have discovered at the back of the pantry. The second option is more likely.

"Cam, I told you..." my voice fades off as I see that it is not Cam, but mom.

She stands with her arms crossed, "morning, Raven. Excited for Washington?"