Part 38; Mother

There are only four words that mean so much more than I love you, and those words are I'm here for you ~ Anonymous

"Mom, where... where were you?" I ask, trying to avoid the discussion of the elephant in the room. More like the pig who is sitting on my floor like the little bitch he is.

"Where was I?" she scoffs, "I was picking up groceries! What on... what is... how do I even put this into words?! What on earth is that and where did you get that from?"

I instantly bring my hand to my side, lowering the gun from Phil's forehead. "Mom, please. You have to listen to me," I plead.

She throws her hands to her head in shock, "listen to you?! Does it look like I have a choice? Raven, you are carrying a gun. A freaking gun! This is... this is insane! How am I supposed to be reacting now? I haven't mentally prepared myself for my daughter pointing a gun at my fiancee because I never expected her reaching this point!"

The only thing that is on my mind is attacking Phil and defending myself; to tell mom to grab Cam and run because this psychopath is working with Bloody Mary. But she never thought that I would be reaching this point? "What is that supposed to mean?" I blurt out, knitting my eyebrows together.

"The divorce, your father dying, you were bound to explode at some point! The fact that you have been attacking Phil sneakily all this time, I forgave you for that. You stealing thousands of dollars from my bank account? I forgave you for that instantly. You sneaking out and leaving Cam home alone, I forgave you for that. You're a wreck, Raven! You know this!" she vents and vents.

It hurts that my own mother thinks of me more lowly than I do. Her words are like knives and swords and are shouldn't be making me feel as down as I am feeling right now.

She buries her face into her hands and mumbles into her palms, "I forgave you for it all, because I knew you were going through a hard time. Your father brought you a motorbike and I bit my tongue, holding back all of my opinions on it! I didn't know about the cancer obviously, but I still let you off the hook for all of the small things you've done that have irritated me! But this, this? Holding up a gun? This is way past just gone, Raven!"

Her hands fall down and she gives me that look that every mother has. You know, the look? The one that makes you feel guilty even if you haven't done anything wrong? My head instantly droops, facing the floor to avoid her judgmental eyes.

What I say next will either fix or ruin everything. "He isn't who you think he is," I hiss under my breath.

She tilts her head curiously. Phil's eyes dart between the two of us and he lets out another grunt in pain. Mom walks over to him with concern and examines his injuries, her motherly-type instincts kicking in. "This is horrific," she gasps breathlessly. Now knowing her daughter is some kind of monster, she turns back to look at me, a fire burning in her eyes. "Who isn't who I think he is?!" she spits.

"Phil, mom!" each word is emphasized to imply my irritation, "Phil isn't who you think he is!"

She chuckles coolly, reminding me of the way dad did. The sheer thought of him strikes a cord in my heart, but I choose to fight the pain, knowing that now is most definitely not the time to get emotional. My cold demeanor needs to be maintained to highlight the fact that I am a force to be dealt with since, well... you know, I am a super human. "So what? Phil isn't human? He's an alien?" she scoffs.

"Now is not the time for your sarcastic remarks!" I fire back.

"But is is the time for you to be accusing my fiancee of things that he hasn't done?"