Part 53; Butterflies

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness if the attribute of the strong ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Peter

You're not picking up.

Are you okay?

Just let me know if you're okay? Or if you need anything?

Please?

It's been three days.

Three days.

It has been three whole days since the best and worst day of my life. The day my heart was split into two and the day it was filled with love and warmth.

After seeing the scene unfold on live television, mom being the mom she is, has been checking up on me every two minutes and forbidding me from leaving the house. And at this time of her life when everything's going wrong, I wouldn't dare defy her just as I wouldn't want anyone to defy me during my low point.

Peter hasn't picked up any of my calls or replied to any of his messages which means I don't know how he's doing at all or whether he needs anyone.

Tonight's the night of the winter dance and guess who isn't going? Don't get me wrong, I would take any chance to see him, especially in a suit, but I'm not really in the mood to go to a dance and socialize, let alone getting all dolled up.

My phone vibrates on my bedside table and my heart rate accelerates drastically. He finally replied! He got back to my millions of messages! He's okay! He--

Never mind.

A few messages from Ned displayed in our Group o' Geeks group chat.

That was Ned's idea... which doesn't really surprise me.

The phone vibrates in my hand and my heart once again skips a beat, yet lo and behold, it's just MJ. It's time for me to jump into the conversation and hope Peter replies from all of these messages.

GROUP O' GEEKS

Ned

Hey guys, you're all going to the winter dance, right?

MJ

Unfortunately. High school social events are so typical and I feel downgraded going, but it should be fun.

Me

I'm not going. I'm not in the mood for it.

Ned

You're not in the mood for it?! It's going to be fun! All of us friends hanging out and stuff.

Me

Ugh, I dunno.

Do you know if Peter is going?

MJ