Part 40; Hasta La Vista, Baby

My family is my strength and my weakness ~ Aishwarya Rai Bachchan

The house seems like a ghost house from the outside. There is no movement and no sounds apparent from the inside. Either they're all out or maybe he has kidnapped the both of them. In case they actually are in there, I need an excuse for what I have come to get... the keys to my motorbike maybe? It is the only legitimate reason as to why I have returned to the place I was kicked out of.

A sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach tells me that there won't be the need to explain my presence. The closer my feet carry me towards the entrance, the more the place emits a dark and sinister energy. There's something more than just an accomplice to the dictator. My sixth sense agrees, informing me that there is an unwanted person or thing.

The front door is left ajar. Something is definitely up. Mom hardly leaves the house without locking the door, let alone leaving it open. I reach for the gun that is still somehow tucked away in my pants. Maybe I should call Peter and let him know that in case anything bad happens... no. If he finds out that something dangerous is here, he will come instantly and that won't be good for the both of us. I don't want to see him get hurt and this is something I have to deal with myself.

Young kids dream of becoming police officers to carry a gun and shoot bad guys. Little do they know how terrifying the build up is to doing so. My heart pounds so hard, it shoots out of my chest and comes back. My teeth are clenched so hard, that it feels like they are about to pop out of place now. The idea of shooting someone terrifies me because I am trembling like a leaf so I might miss and because it's shooting someone with a literal gun. But I won't hesitate if they are a threat.

I hip bump the door open and creep through. The floorboards creak beneath my feet which instantly send red flags to whoever, or whatever, is in here. "Cam? Mom?" I call out. There's nothing I have to lose.

Silence. Silence greets me with a cool breeze, sending shivers down my spine. The lounge is empty. As is the kitchen. And the dining room. And the backyard. And the bathroom. Walking around the entire bottom floor proves that there is no one down here meaning if there is someone in here, they'll be upstairs.

Once again, I can't help the sounds my feet make against the timber stairs. If they didn't hear me before, they certainly heard me now. My room is first on the right so this is the first option to go and check out.

There's something very dark going on. It's as if someone was just in here. The room gives off that vibe.

The photo frame of the recently torn picture of our once happy family sits on my desk... but it's moved. It's been put to stand up. When I was leaving, I caught a glimpse of it and it... it was laying down. Am I going crazy or...? No. It really was laying down. The analogy of it having lost hope in our family reassures me. Mom and Cam never come into my room, I can guarantee that. Unless Phil did?

I hurriedly leave my room, my mind and heart competing to see which can run the fastest. But there's someone there. A figure stands small and cowardly in the corner of the room. My hands raise, pointing the gun at them as first nature. My breath is shaky for there is a stranger in my--

"Cam," I breathe a sigh of relief and lower my hand to my side, much to my mistake. My palm rests on my chest, attempting to calm down before I implode, "you scared me. Why didn't you reply back when I called out your name?"

He looks down at the floor, shaking his head quickly. Tears begin to flow down his cheeks as the lets out sob after sob after sob. My big sister instinct almost immediately kicks in. "Hey, what's wrong?" I raise an eyebrow worriedly, "did Phil hurt you? I swear to God, I'll kill him."