Part 15; Twister

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us ~ Helen Keller

The Orphan Black theme song plays as the episode ends. I stand up to stretch and spill the bowl of popcorn in the process. I groan and get on my knees, attempting to pick up the pieces up but it's impossible to clean it all up.

Reminds me of my life. Can't pick up all the pieces.

Okay, my subconscious really needs to stop. "Hey big sister," Cam says, flopping onto the leather couch on my right, "what you watching?"

"Mmmm, yeah, Cam. You're not watching Orphan Black," I tell him, shooing him with a wave of my hand.

He turns to me and pouts, "please?"

"Cam, it literally has bare butts. And sex scenes. And people losing body parts. Pretty sure you don't want to see that."

His face scrunches up in disgust, "why would you want to watch that?"

I shrug, a smug smirk on my face, and chuck the bowl onto the coffee table. "It's a good break from reality," I say.

"Reality isn't really real either though. It has people like Uncle Tony. Superheroes," he retorts, "the Hulk, Captain America, Spider-Man and even that butterfly girl seems pretty cool."

I turn my back to him and smile to myself. He thinks I'm cool. I sit on the couch and pause the next episode, "yeah I guess you're right. But I mean, at least our reality doesn't have a bunch of clones who are tortured to extinction."

A mock shocked reaction falls upon his face, "clones? I wish we had clones! Can you imagine like ten of me?"

"No and I would not like to. That'd be torture," I grin.

He puts a hand on his heart, sarcastically hurt. Then he winks, "you know you love me."

I throw a pillow at him and he easily catches it, chucking it right back at me.

"So, big sis. It's Saturday night and you're watching a show about clones," he says matter-of-factly, avoiding my eyes, "what's up?"

I frown, "what do you mean, what's up? I never go out."

"I know, but you went to a party and a football game with who I'm guessing are your new friends. Don't you have any plans with them?"

My shoulders fall as I let out a sigh, "I mean yeah, but I cancelled them." He throws another pillow at me which I don't dodge. "Hey!" I exclaim, "what was that for?!"

"Being an idiot," he scoffs, "why would you cancel plans with your friends to sit at home and watch TV shows when you can do that anytime? Besides, don't you want to not be at home?"

My mouth opens to reply, but I clamp it shut when nothing comes out. He has many good points in the one sentence for a thirteen year old. "Yeah, but I'm kind of pissed off at one of them," I reply weakly. It's not exactly a lie, because I'm mad at Peter for ditching me twice now even though the first time wasn't his fault and I'm assuming this time wasn't his fault either. But all in all, it's still a pathetic excuse.

Cam raises an eyebrow, "if they're really your friend, then you should be able to forgive them." Wow. This kid is really going places.

Overall, Peter has been super nice to me since my first day and so have Ned and MJ. To be nice to an outcast, a freak, like me isn't easy, yet they still did. It's time I should branch out too. "You're right, I guess," my brow furrows, "you should really be a life coach."