Part 32; Worthy

It's so much easier to act like none of this matters and to pretend to wear a smile than to confess my heart is nearly broken from losing someone who was never even mine ~ anonymous

Can we meet?

Why should we? It seems you don't like me or any of the others at all, so why should we meet?

We need to talk. And I could never not like you guys, don't think that.

Yeah, tell that to MJ who's pretty down and asking herself what she did to make you dislike us and diss us like that.

I'm sorry, okay? Please. Just one more time. If you decide not to forgive me and never see me again, I'll understand. Just... please.

The ellipsis appears, meaning Peter is typing back. It appears and disappears and I can just envision him, typing something and then erasing it all and restarting. He must be radiating so much annoyance at me, but this needs to be done. I think it's time. Everything has been so tense in the house, especially after the fight. It's the weekend now and Cam hasn't ratted me out... yet. But I need to meet Peter and tell him, no matter the consequences.

The beach in 10.

At least he's coming. I grab a jacket and leave the house before anyone notices I'm gone. Of all things to break the silence with, asking me where I'm off to is not what I'd be hoping for. My motorcycle engine revs, filling me up with adrenaline. I speed out of the driveway and onto the almost empty roads.

How on earth do you tell someone that the reason you're acting cold towards them is because you like them? I dart through the lanes, overtaking several of the cars. There seem to be no police in the perimeter which is a relief because we literally cannot afford for me to get a fine this time. And I don't think Mary will be here this time to make them forget about me.

For the first time ever, I wish for more traffic but there aren't any genies around to grant me any wishes so I arrive at the beach in less time than I imagined. I'm early. It's cold, freezing even, so it doesn't surprise me when the beach is empty excluding the single person standing on the sand, staring out into the ocean.

I don't bother to slide my shoes off and take the risk of having them filled with sand by walking onto the beach. Peter's hands are hidden away in the pockets of his jeans so I can't see them clenched and white. I appear by his side, but he doesn't divert his gaze.

The silence from the house has seemed to follow me out here. Waves crash against the shore, eating away at the land. It almost represents me eating away at peace and serenity in all of my relationships.

It's so uncomfortable. It's unbearable. To be trapped in a house with such tension and quietness and to have it brought out here? I break it by murmuring, "it's been hard."

"I know your life is hard, believe me. I, of all people, know what it's like to go through a hard time. But I've tried, we've all tried to be there for you and yet all you do is fight back at us!" he snaps, irritated.

A lump forms in my throat and I do my best to swallow it. "It's so much more than just what you know, Peter. Please," I beg him, "just let me explain."

He faces me, specks of fire burning in his pure brown eyes. He begins to shout, "what is there to possibly explain?! You are ice cold and I barely hear anything nice come out of your mouth! You always go on about how sad your life is, but you don't realize that some of us struggle too. I lost both of my parents and my uncle for God's sake, Raven! So please, enlighten me. Say something, explain it!"

Hearing him so angry, like this, makes me nervous. It's weird to see Peter in such a negative light. My mouth opens a little and I'm desperate to say something, anything. But it dries up and only a little croak comes out. He laughs harshly, "yeah. That's what I thought." He begins to walk off towards the stairs.