Chapters 1-10

Chapter 1: Small Town Youth

Ling Town.

Early morning. Young Qin Lie blankly got out of bed as the sky had just begun to brighten. After a simple freshening up, he walked directly toward Ling Dining Hall.

The rough linen attired Qin Lie had a slim figure and could be considered delicate. However, his eyes were vacant, without any trace of vigor, causing others to feel as though he had lost his soul.

Along the way, many of Ling Town's young martial practitioners had also woke up early. Upon seeing young Qin Lie, many of them smiled kindly.

"Good morning Qin Lie!"

Seeing Qin Lie enter, Ling Feng grinned brightly, calling out to him as he waved.

Unfortunately, it seemed as though Qin Lie was not able to hear other people's voices; his expression was still as blank as before. He passed by Ling Feng without ceasing his footsteps, and continued onward.

"Big Brother Feng, why do you bother talking to a fool? You obviously know that he can't respond, yet you always greet him everyday in the morning." A bright yellow attired, well endowed sixteen year old Ling Ying casually commented as she looked at Qin Lie with contempt. She looked rather dainty, and her soft chest that provoked fanciful thoughts stood tall.

After hearing what Ling Ying had said, the expressions of the surrounding youths from Ling Family all went cold, as they grew annoyed.

Ling Ying hmphed. Her pretty face was full of disdain, as she lifted her full chest, turning a blind eye to everyone's gazes.

Most of those youths were at the fourth or fifth level of Refinement, and were simply regarded as unimportant to her, who had already reached the sixth level of Refinement.

The only one in her eyes was Ling Feng, who had reached the seventh level of Refinement.

Ling Feng slightly frowned, "Little Ying, you haven't been at Ling Town for that long, which means you have never received any of Qin Lie's grandfather's benefaction, so I won't blame you for having your own views about Qin Lie. However, we children of Ling Family have all been helped out by Grandpa Qin Shan when he was still healthy. Even though Grandpa Qin Shan passed away two years ago, we still remember all the care he showed us in our hearts. On behalf of all of us, I hope you can show Qin Lie the proper respect."

Ling Yin was momentarily stunned, "His grandpa's really strong?"

"Grandpa Qin Shan was an Artificer!" Ling Feng softly yelled.

Ling Ying said in deep reverence, "Common, Profound, Earth, Heaven, Divine, with each level again differentiated into seven ranks. What level of an Artificer was he? Has he forged any spirit artifacts for the Ling Family?"

"No." Ling Feng shook his head, "Grandpa Qin Shan only knew how to repair spirit artifacts below Common Grade Five."

"Aiyoh, scared me to death. And I wondered how awesome he was, he's only at that level?" Ling Ying patted her well-endowed chest, evidently making an exaggerated smile.

"To us, that is already really awesome." Ling Feng's expression did not waver as he continued in an undercast tone of voice: "Five years ago, when Grandpa Qin Shan came to Ling Town with Qin Lie, he sought our Patriarch and had a discussion about the cost of helping us repair our Common spirit artifacts. He asked for the right to extract ores from all those various mines in Herb Mountain, and for us to allow him and Qin Lie to live in Ling Town."

"Three years later, Grandpa Qin Shan took Qin Lie back and forth from Ling Town to Herb Mountain's mines. In that period of time, Grandpa Qin Shan was in charge of repairing every spirit artifact lower than Common Grade Five. As long as its level did not pass Common Grade Five, he was able to completely restore it to its original shape, no matter how severely damaged the spirit artifact, without any trace of it ever having weakened!"