Chapters 91-100

Chapter 91: Scurry
The Ice Soul Python's head exploded. Bloody fluid and brain matter leaked out along with the smell of burnt flesh. The stench on the variant python's body was just offensive to the extreme.

The six- to seven-meter Ice Soul Python had ring-shaped patterns on its body, and the black and white patterns looked quite beautiful.

Gao Yu walked forward as his dark eyes focused on those stripes. Suddenly, he slowly raised his head as if watching something rising into the air.

Qin Lie followed his gaze but did not see anything, so with doubt, he asked, "What are you looking at?"

"A departing soul." Gao Yu's eyes flashed with an eerie light. The Ogre-faced Ring in his hand was also flashing. "The Soul Devouring Beast's soul fragment did not come over. There are no black clouds on the sky, and this soul that had departed from the Ice Soul Python corpse is... slowly fading into nothingness. It has nearly merged completely with the world."

Shock bloomed in Qin Lie's heart as he subconsciously tried to sense it with a frown...

He closed his eyes, let out his mind energy, and looked about with his mind consciousness.

Vaguely, he could sense a very thin gaseous form being swept away, little by little, as if it was blown by the wind.

From the thin gas form, he could sense many complex waves. They were like many broken pictures and the soul body's unique memories...

"I know it's really hard for you to understand this and a soul body isn't something that can be detected by regular people, but souls... definitely exist." Gao Yu didn't look at Qin Lie but continued staring towards the sky. "Both because the spirit art I cultivate is special and because the Ogre-faced Ring is a little rare, I was able to see them. It's natural that other people are unable to sense them."

"But according to what I've heard, when the souls of some powerful spirit beasts and high level martial practitioners had reached a certain level of strength, even if their body died, their souls would remain immortal and would not vanish into the world. The souls of those high level existences could exist independently despite losing a body, and they can look for a new body and be reborn again!" Gao Yu looked on dreamily. "I've heard all of this from the Ogre-faced Ring, so I didn't know if it's true or not..."

"It's all true," Qin Lie suddenly interrupted.

Gao Yu appeared surprised as he looked to Qin Lie and asked in confusion, "How do you know if it's real or not?"

"These words... someone had told me about it in the past." Qin Shan's face appeared in Qin Lie's head. "Moreover, I also was able to sense... just a little of that Ice Soul Python's soul. I can feel it dissipating little by little, just like a light smoke being blown apart by the wind."

Gao Yu's expression turned slightly. "How can you detect them? I was only able to vaguely see them by relying on my spirit art and Ogre-faced Ring, so how can you see them?"

He really was quite shocked. During the time he had been operating with Discipline Hall's martial practitioners outside of Icestone City, he had fought with many spirit beasts and killed quite a few of them. He had seen the Soul Devouring Beast's soul fragments in action before.

And yet, he was the only one who was able to detect the soul's actions after they died. Even if he explained it to Discipline Hall's martial practitioners, they were unwilling to believe him.

Much less detect the dissipation process of the souls.

Qin Lie was the only other person who was able to detect the spirit beast's soul dissipating - and this great surprised Gao Yu.