Chapters 141-150

Chapter 141: Concept

"Women sure like spouting nonsense to themselves," Qin Lie quietly thought in his heart.

He still could hear Tang Siqi's mutterings after withdrawing his soul consciousness into the Soul Suppressing Orb.

Hearing her soliloquy, Qin Lie wasn't sure if he should be crying or laughing. He didn't know what to say about this.

Back at Ling Town, when Ling Yushi had assumed that he was stupid and thus did not understand what she said, muttering to herself and recounting her inner troubles before him was her most favorite activity.

Now that Tang Siqi thought that he had lost his consciousness, she had actually begun to mutter to herself as well.

"Do all women like to do this?" Qin Lie was speechless.

When he heard that Tang Siqi had also assumed that the reason he came to Armament Sect was for her, that everything he had done was to attract her attention, that he was chasing her using some unique methods... Qin Lie grew more and more dumbstruck.

"I cannot possibly accept you." Tang Siqi shook her head. Her bright eyes were focused onto his body. "Sect Master and Elder Mo Hai have placed high expectations on me, hoping that I can become Armament Sect's future sect master and take over Armament Sect in their place. I promised them that I would treat this matter seriously, that I will put my life's effort into forging artifacts!"

"A man will disrupt my heart and focus. I made up my mind a long time ago that I would not involve myself with any man!"

She was speaking towards Qin Lie, and apparently herself as well. "Setting you aside, I will not be shaken even if there was someone ten times better than you!"

She lowered her head and looked at Qin Lie again. "Besides, you're not really special. Your looks are only handsome at best, and your realm is also pretty low, far weaker even when compared to me. You do work seriously though, that is your one virtue only..."

"I hope that you can give up your pointless dreams once you wake up. I hope you can truly pour your heart into artifact forging and proficiently assist me in grinding spirit materials. In that case, I can recommend you into the inner sect and let you become my junior. At least it'll be better than you spending every day worrying about those despicable ploys."

"......"

Qin Lie felt incredibly wronged. He wanted to explain himself, but unfortunately, he could not open his mouth. He could only listen to Tang Siqi's misunderstanding about him.

He finally understood that Tang Siqi was just like the others, assuming that he had spent all his efforts to chase after her. That was why she had taken precautions and was always careful of him.

"It looks like I really have to correct this misunderstanding."

Qin Lie made up his mind to explain everything to Tang Siqi first thing after the Eclipse Insect's poison was neutralized to stop this woman from suspecting everything and believing that everything he did was for her sake and the sake of attracting her attention.

"What a vain woman! Did she seriously believe that every man in the world who comes to Armament Sect comes just for her? Just how conceited can this woman be?!" exclaimed Qin Lie on the inside.

An hour later, Yi Yuan arrived on time and switched shifts with Tang Siqi. Now it was Yi Yuan's turn to nag and spout his nonsense.

Qin Lie got annoyed of listening to them, so he focused his mind energy onto the frost picture scroll inside the Soul Suppressing Orb.