Chapters 41-50

Chapter 41: An Accidental Meeting by the Pond

The Ling Family gathered around a blazing bonfire, merrily drinking some fine alcohol while devouring chunks of roasted meat.

-They had long since parted ways with Liu Yan and Gao Yu.

Back in the forest, due to the appearance of the Silver Winged Demon Wolves, Shattered Ice Manor was soundly defeated and lost god knows how many men, whereas they easily exited the forest and entered Frost Mist Mountain without any further incidents.

The moment they reached Frost Mist Mountain, Qin Lie and his group parted ways with Liu Yan and Gao Yu. Gao Yu returned to the Gao family, whereas Liu Yan had to go to Nebula Pavilion to report on everything that had happened in Celestial Wolf Mountain. Ling Yushi and the others, however, were going home.

All three sides were headed along a different path.

"Brother Liu really is a pretty cool guy, eh? What a boon it is for us that he would ignore all that loot from Shattered Ice Manor! Haha, I got about ten Rank Three spirit stones and a few Spirit Recovering Pills. It's such a shame though that I couldn't get a spirit artifact." Ling Xiao grinned as he ate his meat.

"Hmph! Those Shattered Ice Manor bastards were all killed by the Silver Winged Demon Wolves, and Liu Yan had no part in it at all, so why would these spoils have anything to do with him? Of course he should not have the audacity to intervene!" Ling Xing scolded with a cold face. "If it wasn't for Qin Lie, the rest of them would have found it hard pressed to escape death. You have nothing to thank them for at all!"

"You're right. If it wasn't for Qin Lie, we would've long been dead," Ling Xiao also agreed with a sigh.

When the Ling Family first departed, Ling Xing and Ling Xiao were the two people who were the most opposed to Ling Yushi bringing Qin Lie along.

They just couldn't find it in themselves to accept Qin Lie, whom they believed might become a burden to the team, so they would constantly take shots at him along the way.

Ling Yushi had scolded them multiple times because of this matter, but without success, considering how their attitudes didn't change at all.

However, when they set off for the journey back home, the duo had become Qin Lie's greatest fans. One might say that their attitudes had done a complete 180.

Qin Lie had won their respect and their heartfelt admiration with his own transformation.

None of this had escaped Ling Yushi's eyes as a smile touched her lips and her heart filled with joy.

"I'm full." Qin Lie nodded and stood up to his feet, wiping the oily corner of his mouth with his sleeves and smiled. "I'll go ahead and find a place to cultivate. Do ignore me, and please take your time with the drinks."

"You can't go until you finish this wineskin!" Ling Feng yelled while smiling and tossed over a wineskin.

"Ling Feng! Seriously, Qin Lie is only fifteen years old. Can you refrain from pouring him drinks all the time? Do you think he is an alcoholic like you guys are?" Ling Yushi rolled her eyes at Ling Feng, warmly looked at Qin Lie, and said softly, "Ignore them..."

"You sure are a protective one First Miss! Qin Lie aside, even you and Ling Ying have drunk quite a bit of alcohol, haven't you? Aren't you underestimating him too much?" Ling Feng laughed loudly and shot Qin Lie a slanted look while goading, "Am I right, Qin Lie?"

"Since Big Brother Ling has given the word, naturally I'll have to drink this," Qin Lie said helplessly. He could only pick up the wineskin and, with a "gulp," drink deeply while arching his head. His actions were both bold and unrestrained.