Chapters 71-80

Chapter 71: Resonance With Thunder

"Miss, look there. Isn't that the kid from Li's Shop, the one who sold the Spirit Gathering Boards to us?"

Upon seeing Qin Lie and Feng Kai's battle atop the bridge, the old servant standing on the other end of the bridge slightly bowed his body and hurriedly informed the woman in white.

The woman in white's eyes were as clear as translucent crystals, containing not even the slightest bit of impurities; she exuded a cold, graceful aura.

She prettily stood there, creating a beautiful scene. A scene that even overshadowed the beauty of the evening sunset. Her disposition caused those around her to feel a sense of inferiority and not dare look directly at her.

"Let's watch first," she indifferently said.

The old servant slightly nodded. Stopping at the end of the bridge, he looked at Qin Lie's battle with Feng Kai, not even sparing a glance at Yan Qingsong.

"Such a beautiful girl!"

Yan Qingsong turned around, and after just a glance, his mind trembled. As if his vision had become rooted in place, it gathered onto the woman in white's body, and an extremely distracted look emerged on his face.

Within Shattered Ice Manor, Yan Qingsong's status was unordinary. After all, he was Yan Ziqian's cousin. Thus, he had seen countless beauties. However, it was his first time seeing someone like the woman in white who was so eye-catching. He couldn't help but become restless, it was as if he had lost his soul.

He only looked at the woman in white, and it seemed like he had temporarily forgotten about everything else, including the fight between Qin Lie and Feng Kai.

"Zing zing zing!"

Ray after ray of sharp sword beams shot out from the silver longsword in Feng Kai's hand. The sword beams were like cold electricity as they cut into the stone bridge and caused stone fragments to fly everywhere, destroying quite a few stone blocks in the process.

Holding the wooden sculpture in his hand, Qin Lie had been forced into a tight corner by the silver sword beams, his body already showing one fine wound after another.

The electricity created by the wooden sculpture could only protect his vitals. However, Feng Kai's sword rays were like silver threads, absolutely everywhere. They attacked from every direction and every angle, preventing Qin Lie from blocking all of them.

Whenever those extremely sharp silver rays stabbed into his body, a fresh bleeding wound would immediately emerge.

Feng Kai was at the early stage of the Natal Opening Realm whereas Qin Lie had just broken through to the ninth level of the Refinement Realm. There was a giant one level gap between them. Regardless of whether it was the density of his spirit energy or his combat experience, Qin Lie was at a disadvantage.

Furthermore, Feng Kai's spirit techniques were more refined. His steps were like the wind, how he wielded his longsword cunning and vicious. He was consistently able to attack Qin Lie's vitals from blind spots.

If the electricity created by the wooden sculpture wasn't able to form such a sturdy defense or if Qin Lie's body wasn't incomparably tough, then he would have long since been unable to hold up and would have already been dismembered alive by Feng Kai.

"Drip! Drip!"

Drop after drop of fresh, bright red blood dripped from the wounds on his chest, back, and arms onto the bridge. It looked like a blossoming flower of blood had bloomed atop the stone bridge.