Chapters 401-420

Chapter 401: The Scream in the Darkness

There were at least a hundred martial practitioners of various realms belonging to different factions in the vast hall.

After “get out” was shouted, the already quiet hall became so silent that one could hear a pin drop.

Everyone’s gazes followed the finger of this thin Heavenly Sword Mountain youth and locked onto Qin Lie in the corner of the hall.

Thirty martial practitioners had been standing between Qin Lie and that youth. At this time, these people moved out of the way of their own accord.

The space between the youth and Qin Lie became empty, and the two could look at each other without any obstructions.

Qin Lie, whose back was to the crowd, suddenly felt intense gazes gather on him. He immediately realized that the youth’s anger was directed at him.

In front of him, Chang He of Sea Moon Trade Group furrowed his eyebrows and said in a very small voice, “Leave now. I will sell the Astral Thunder Hammer to you for one thousand Earth Grade spirit stones later on.”

“We will leave now. It… would not be good to create trouble at this time,” Song Tingyu mentioned in a low voice.

She understood Qin Lie better than anyone else.

She knew that the current Qin Lie was not the Qin Lie of the past.

The Qin Lie of the past had a gentle temper and was kind to others. He would not make trouble for those that did not offend him first. He rarely caused trouble, and would only show his fangs when he was forced.

However, since he had merged with his previous personality, there was a kind of madness in Qin Lie’s bones. Characteristics of a berserker flowed through his veins.

Even if people did not offend him, the current Qin Lie would occasionally think about causing trouble and offending others. Since the people of Heavenly Sword Mountain had come to challenge him, wasn’t that just igniting the gunpowder?

Bi You of Celestial Artifact Sect had arranged for people to search for Qin Lie. If he fought with these people now, it was likely that Bi You would find traces of him and his identity would be exposed.

Song Tingyu was panicking on the inside.

“Let’s go.” Under the gaze of the crowd, Song Tingyu grabbed Qin Lie’s arm, seeking to pull him away and out of the hall.

“Wait a moment!” Qin Lie’s brow furrowed. His feet seemed to be rooted to the ground and he remained unmoved.

Turning around, he looked at the handsome young martial practitioner from Heavenly Sword Mountain.

“Are you talking to me?” Qin Lie narrowed his eyes. He wore an indifferent expression, and there was no amusement at the corners of his mouth.

“I told you to get out! Did you not hear me?” Li Rong’s finger did not stop pointing at Qin Lie. He stood upright, his thin body resembling a sword out of its sheathe.

As a martial practitioner of Heavenly Sword Mountain, Li Rong had never seen anyone dare to talk back to him when he was around Sea Moon Island. Even elders of Copper rank forces who were stronger than him in realm were polite to him, much less someone of the same generation.

He was used to being superior, and he believed that, down to his bones, he was superior to everyone in the hall. Therefore, he was extremely displeased with Qin Lie’s attitude and his expression became even colder.

“Stop messing around. Let’s go, there’s no need to fight with him,” Song Tingyu said in a soft voice.

Qin Lie ignored her, his body unmoving like a boulder. Looking grimly at Li Rong, he grinned brightly and said, “What if I’m not willing to leave?”