TWENTY SIX

a s h l e e

IM SITTING BY THE POOL, FURROWING MY EYEBROWS IN FRUSTRATION,

as I look at our song, a new song the the company wanted.

And they wanted a slow Love song.

And I've tried this slow.

But it sure as hell ain't working.

"What the hell!"I groan, and somebody plops next to me.

"Whatcha doin?"Kendall Asks, And I snap my head towards him, and smile as his blonde hair sticks up a bit.

"Trying to figure out another song that the record company wants, because they want a slow Love song."I Explain, my smile dropping a bit, and he smiles.

"I know."He chuckles, "Come here, let me see."

I hand over my song book, and he wraps an arm around me, and I find Carlos and Logan looking at the new girl.

"What are they doing?"I nod towards Logan and Carlos, and Kendall laughs at our friends.

"They're trying to get the new girl to like them."He States, before looking over my song book again.

"The song isn't bad, did you try it with your guitar yet?"He asks and I shake my head.

"Should I try it with my Guitar?"I Ask And He Nods.

I grab his hand, ignoring the electric shock going through me, and drag him up to my apartment, waving towards the guys.

We walk inside my apartment, and go towards my music room, which was an extra guest bedroom but I said screw that and turned it into this.

"Holy shit.."Kendall swears and I look at him.

"You never swear."I question and he shrugs, before sitting at my piano.

I grab my guitar off of its holder, and start to play the notes I wanted, and the two of us furrow our eyebrows.

"That doesn't sound right."I mutter, before putting it down, and looking around Til I spot my Banjo, and my eyes light up.

I start to play the notes, and it feels right, so I start to sing.

"I was Ridin' shotgun
With my hair undone
In the front seat of his car

He's got a one hand feel
on the steering wheel
The other on my heart

I look around,
Turn the radio down
He says baby is somethin' wrong
I say nothin' I was just thinkin'
How we don't have a song.
And he said,

Our song is a slammin' screen door
Sneaking out late
Tapping on your window

When we're on the phone
and you talk real slow
Cause it's late
And your mama don't know."

That's as far as I got before I stopped.

I looked at Kendall and he smiled, nodding.

"Don't think the songs supposed to be a slow song to be honest."He explained, and I nodded.

I put the Banjo down, and hugged him, as he hugged back.

"Thank you."I let out a sigh of relief, and I can already see his smile.

"It's no problem,"He starts, and we are quickly interrupted by my door opening, and I pull back with my eyes widening.

Footsteps come closer to us, and Kendall puts himself in front of me, and he's tense, until I hear his voice, and it sounds cheerful.