THIRTY SEVEN

a s h l e e

a s h l e e

IT WAS A BASIC WEDNESDAY,

 i was upstairs in my apartment, while the guys were down at the pool.

i lace up my cleats, before going to grab my softball bag.

i had the day off, so i planned to spend some of it at the softball fields, batting, and working on a little bit of pitching. i used to play softball before i moved to LA, so i took my stuff and i still love it.

i grab my glasses, keys, and wallet, before i lock my door, and head down the hallway, to find 2J's door broken, and screaming.

i peek my head in to find Mr.Garcia, and Carlos hugging and i smile, "Hi Mr.Garcia."

"Ashlee! how are you sweetheart?"I always had a special part in the four boys parents hearts, even if i did leave.

"Good, How about you Mr.Garcia?"I question and he smiles.

"Good sweetheart."Mr.Garcia answers my question before carlos breaks in.

"We can't find my helmet!"Carlos cry's out, "Ashlee help us!"

my smile drops, and i stutter, "Uh... sorry Los, i've gotta go walk my pet rat."

his head drops, and Mr.Garica waves for me to go, "Good luck though! bye!"

i race down the hallway, glad that i had gotten out of this, before rushing into the elevator, pressing for the first floor.

once i get down, i leave the elevator, and i pass by the pool, and as i do, somebody calls out for me, "Hey Ashlee!"

i turn around to find Katie pushing kendall towards me, "Hey!"

the two of us had worked everything out, and we had both promised to tell each other everything, and i planned on keeping that promise.

"Hey, we have the day off, and i was wondering if you wanted to hang out."Kendall questions, and i smile.

"you know i'm heading to the softball fields right?"I question and he chuckles, "Yeah but you can't be that hard to catch for.."

"ok, i mean i could use a little help, wanna come?"I question and he nods, "Let's roll."

"HOW DO YOU HIT SO FAR?!"

Kendall yelled, and i laughed, as we walk back to his car.

"ken,"I stop, and he faces me, "I used to play club softball and i learned a shit ton of stuff. dum dum."

"but you love this dum dum."he pecks my cheek, and i smile, chuckling,

 "Maybe i do."

I TOLD KENDALL TO MEET ME DOWNSTAIRS BY THE POOL, 

so here i was sitting at a table, with my song book in my hand, trying to figure out a new song at hand.

"Hey."he kisses my cheek, before slipping down next to me, and i smile, closing my song book.

"Hey."i kiss his cheek, before my eyes flicker to what's at the table, a strawberry smoothie.

"for you."he pushes the smoothie, and i raise an eyebrow at him, "Yours."

i nod, giggling a bit, before taking a few sips into the smoothie, to find a second straw ken slipped in.

and with my luck.

i start choking on the smoothie.

ken looks at me, as i wave him off, as i'm fine, and somehow, i end up bumping the table, spilling the smoothie, that was on the edge, onto my lap.

"Mother fucker!"I mutter, before getting up, and the smoothie slides down my lap.

"you ok?"Kendall asks, his chair scraping the pavement, with my song book in hand, and i nod, sighing.

"Imma go upstairs and change, i'll see you in a little bit."he kisses the top of my head, handing me my song book, before i'm off to 2K.

"NO MOM I NEVER TOLD HIM ABOUT JOHN"

I pinch the bridge of my nose, as i sit at the pool, now in loose shorts, and a old softball
t-shirt.

"Well you should tell Kendall sweetheart, if you two are going to start dating, he needs to know. this is the happiest i've heard you in months."my mom explains and i groan.

"what am i supposed to say mom? 'Oh i had a boyfriend before who was a total asshole and i've got no plans on telling you?' i don't think that'll go over well,"I argue, and i can already see my mother shaking her head, and Kassie ready to smack me upside the head if she was still here.

i had finally been starting to talk to my mom about five months ago, never talked to my dad once, he's just been so pissed off with me that he stayed out of my way the last few days i was in Minnesota.

"No baby girl, but you've gotta tell him at some point, and soon or else Ms.Katie is going to go digging around to find out information for her big brother."momma snickers and i chuckle, as Kendall comes into my view, with a heart shaped pizza, waving his hand around it, so i hold up a finger.

"speaking of blondie, i'm spending the day with him, i'll talk to you later, love you."a smile tugs at my lips as ken sits down and i giggle.

"love you too, bye."

the line goes dead, and i swing my legs over the chair, before making my way to kendall smiling like crazy.

if Kendall ever finds out, or anyone for that matter... i'm fucked.