Chapter 3: Unease

Isabella

"Damn it Izzy, hurry up. By the time we get to the club, it'll be shut" Louise shouted out not caring that we had neighbours.

I rolled my eyes and pulled my tight black dress down over my body. Jesus this is too tight! Is she trying to kill me?

After battling with this dress for what felt like ages, I finally managed to get it snug against my curves. Smoothing out all the creases, I neatened up my now messy hair and ensured my makeup was still looking good. It was more than what I was used to, but still looked natural.

I turned around to look at myself in the mirror and saw a completely new girl. I couldn't contain my smile as I looked over the new confident me. I thought back to the previous months and how trapped I was in a toxic relationship. He took everything and everyone away from me, so I was unable to do anything for myself. And when I tried to argue with him, he lashed out at me ten times harder. 

But I became strong, confident and managed to escape from him. 

And tonight would be my first night out as a free independent woman, ready to hit the town like a storm. My smile widened as I remembered the exact moment when the police showed up and arrested him. The way he cursed and shouted as they took him away, his eyes full of hatred as he swore to get me back. But all I could do was smile at him knowing I was safe now.

"Honeyyyy! You look amazing. Now lets go show everyone the new you" Louise slurred out before turning to check herself out in the mirror.

A loud car horn sounded from outside the house indicating that our ride to the club was here.

"Shit, my cider" I panicked having spent too much time reminiscing over the past.

Taxis always show up when you just open a new drink. 

Typical.

"Babe, down it in one, I need some good dick tonight" Louise whined pathetically, urging me to gulp it down.

"Fuck it, here's to a good night" I cheered, choosing to keep quiet about her obsession with sex.

"A good night with good dic"-

"Is that all you think about?" I sighed. She was my best friend, but the truth is we were complete opposites.

Louise simply shrugged her shoulders before reapplying her lip gloss for the 5th time since we got ready.

Bringing the can to my lips, I tipped my head back and swallowed the sweet yet bitter liquid down in one and threw the empty can aside once I was done drinking.

"That's my girl. Now can we gooooooo".

***************

After a short yet very entertaining drive with our cab driver having to put up with our out of key karaoke singing, we arrived at the club and made our way to the back of the queue. It wasn't a long queue, but it was still a queue.

Typical England and it's queues.

After a very long 10 minute wait, the people in the queue started to move and soon enough we had entered the club. 

Wow. It was massive inside. 

My body immediately reacted to the music as we made our way through the big crowds and started shaking my hips to the beat of the music. I was tipsy, but nowhere near drunk. Thankfully, I was starting to let go of my inhibitions. Of course, after being trapped in a toxic relationship, men made me nervous. And I hated that. I hated what he did to me. But thanks to the beauty of alcohol, I was too happy to even care about men.