Chapter 30: All is revealed

James

I smirked in complete satisfaction as a scream erupted from his throat as I whipped the belt against his face. The metal tip of the belt catching the skin every time opening up new wounds with blood slowly seeping out.

"P-please no m-more".

I'd be teaching this prick a lesson for the past 30 minutes. Whips, knives and my fists is what he was accustomed too. At this point he didn't look human.

"You know, I love it when you beg. Makes it more fun. At least you fully know what happens when touch what belongs to me". Placing down the belt I crouch down beside him and grasp a handful of his hair pulling his head up harshly to face me.

"You should consider yourself lucky for me not cutting your dirty fingers that touched Isabella, my wife". His eyes widened and his eyebrows furrowed together.

"I t-told you, it w-was h-harmless. I, I'm g-gay. I have a b-boyfriend. We w-were o-nly m-messing around a-at the c-club", he stuttered out for the tenth time. I rolled my eyes for the tenth time.

"People say desperate things when they are suffering. They'll do anything to make the pain stop. You think I'm going to believe that crap". Tom started trembling profusely and a broken sob escaped his lips as my words sunk in.

"Now which object shall I use next to continue our lesso"-

Suddenly a loud explosion sounds in the distance and before I have time to wrap my head around the loud sound the house alarms started ringing. Dropping the knife in my hand on the table I pull open the door and lock it behind me before rushing out of the basement trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

Stumbling into the one of the small hallways I stare at the chaos seeing men hurry around and maids scurrying to get to the safe room.

Grabbing one of my men by their jacket as they rush by I pull him to one side and slam him against the wall.

"What the hell is going on?" I yell at him over the booming alarms.

"I don't know boss. We heard the explosion and then all hell broke loose". Nodding at him I patted him on the shoulder before letting him go.

I stopped in my tracks.

Oh no. My wife.

My heart twinges at the thought of my wife getting caught up in whatever this was. I had to make sure she was safe. She wasn't part of this. Hopefully chase has put her in the safe room. I trust him to protect her. Running into the main hall I see all my trusted men with guns at the ready in case we had a sudden attack. Chase runs in panic swarming his face and I rush towards him eager to find out more.

"What the hell was that Chase?" I ask, my voice trembling slightly.

"I don't know boss. It sounded like a bomb, maybe about 5 miles away. Could it be from that unknown rival?"

He may be right.

"Could be, where's Isabella?"

Please God, let her be safe.

"Don't worry boss. She's in the safe room".

My tense body instantly relaxed and a sigh of relief escaped my lips. At least she was safe. I knew Chase would take care of her.

"Excellent now lets go to the front and see who caused that explosion". All my men nodded in response and we all made our way to the front gate to get an idea of what the hell was happening.

Smoke could be seen in the distance and I watch as a few of my men hurry into cars and speed out of the gate heading towards the explosion to see what was the cause of it. I tapped my foot in nervousness and pulled out my phone making numerous calls to men in nearby areas to watch out for any suspicious activity.