Chapter 12: Final preparations

James' POV:

"You may enter".

Shuffling around the papers in my hand I take one good last look at my plans and smirk as they all slowly seem to be piecing together.

"Ah Chase, how is my darling doing? Has she learned her lesson?" I smirk to myself and let out a dark chuckle. Chase as usual had a blank expression but that didn't stop me from seeing his lips curl up slightly in grimace.

"What is it?".

Expecting an immediate response I turn my attention to my bottle of Vodka and pour myself a glass and take a sip. As I look up in annoyance Chase only continues to stare.

Slamming my fist down hard against my desk in impatience Chase jumps out of his thoughts and his eyes widens as he meets my infuriated face. I let out a growl as I look down and notice I banged the table so hard that my drink had spilled.

Wasted some damn expensive shit because of your zoned out ass.

"Tell me dammit or so help me I'-"

"The cuffs had cut into her wrist, but I cleaned them up and bandaged them. She's currently eating and she's calmed down a lot. Soon she'll submit to you James". Chase mumbled and turned his attention to the floor.

Taking a few moments to take in what Chase had said and it dawned on me. I keep hurting her. First I stole her away, spanked her, and now the chains had cut into her wrist.

For the first time in my life, I felt guilt. She could've died because of me. I need to be careful. I need to go slow with her. She's too precious and I need to show her deep down that I do care.

I will show her that I can be her perfect man.

Slumping back down in my chair I run my hands through my hair dishevelling my once neatly perfected hair. But that was the last thing on my mind right now.

"Thank you Chase. I knew I could count on you to watch over her". I give him a slight nod of appreciation and he sends me one back.

Swigging back the newly poured glass of Vodka I firmly place the glass back on the desk and pull out the papers that I'd been reading earlier.

"So everything is almost ready. We've got the papers and all the people necessary to make the wedding happen. What I need you to do is bring the dress upstairs into her room and bring along Julie with you and instruct her to make my soon to be wife look flawless. I wanted to see her reaction when I gave her the wedding dress but you know it's bad luck seeing her in her wedding dress before the ceremony".

"Wow James, so soon eh. What's the hurry. You've never been the marriage type?".

"The sooner we are married, the sooner she cannot escape me. Once those papers are signed she will never be able to get away. She'll be bound to me eternally. I'm not sure. Guess love makes you crazy".

Grinning like a man in love I turned my back to Chase and stared out the window watching as my men began making the preparations for our big day. It wouldn't take much preparation as I wasn't going to go all out because I know my little princess would put up a fight. She should show me some appreciation that I'm putting some effort in. If I was selfish I'd just take the vicar, myself and the papers up to her and force her to sign it at gun point if I'd have to.

The garden was littered with beautiful flowers colored lilac and white. My mother's favorite colours. Nobody knew how much I loved flowers. I'm a hard man craving power and seeking world domination, but like all big tough men, they had weaknesses. My mother was my weakness. But she's gone now.