Chapter 27: Wake up call

James

Turning away from her lifeless body on the bed I quickly opened the door of the private room and hurried out desperate to peel my eyes away from the pain I inflicted on her. Slamming the door shut I sit back down in my chair on my private jet and open up my laptop eager to distract myself away from what I've just done.

Clicking open the camera app and halving the screen so I could keep an eye on her as I continued my work. Every now and again my gaze would slip over to the camera but the there was no movement. It was as if it wasn't a video at all, and simply a picture. My heart clenched seeing her laying there wide awake staring hopelessly at the ceiling.

I'm a monster. Why did I lose control. For the first time in my life I feared myself. I was going to rape her. But seeing that look in her eye broke me and broke the beast inside me that was about to hurt the love of my life. The way her body trembled hurt me. The way her innocent eyes lost its spark scared me. I promised myself I'd never lay a hand on a woman but I left bruises and marks all over her body. She even shared a dark and haunting memory with me, and I made her relive it twice. She's right. I'm no better than him.

Continuing to stare at my broken angel my fingers involuntarily touch the screen lost in a trance. Voices began swarming in my head, some scolding me, some reassuring me and some giving me advice.

She's given you so many chances after you've hurt her endlessly. But she won't forgive you this time.

You've shown her your dominance, now she'll be your little submissive wife.

You've gone way too far.

She enjoyed it. She's just playing hard to get.

Let her be free from your chains.

"Fuck I need a glass of alcohol". Firmly closing up the laptop I head towards the mini bar at the front of the jet. Pouring myself a glass I gulp it down and instantly pour myself another before grabbing the glass and bottle and carry both back to my seat.

2 hours later

I've drunk nearly the whole bottle of whiskey and I'm starting to see stars. The only thoughts in my head were of Isabella laying on the bed and what I was going to do to her. I gave up on the glass and ended up swinging out of the bottle in sheer frustration.

"Please fasten your seatbelts as we are preparing for landing".

Reaching out for the seatbelt to my side I click it in place before opening up my laptop again to make sure Isabella was alright.

How can she be alright after what you've done to her?

She was still wide awake and staring at the ceiling motionlessly. She's not moved a muscle since I left the room.

The plane eventually comes to a standstill and soon the doors open. Closing my laptop and slipping it into its carrier I hand it over to one of my men. I knew I had to get Isabella.

Quietly opening up the door I carefully walk over to my princess and lean over her assessing her pale and tear stricken face.

"Isabella, the plane has landed, come".
I asked with the softest voice I had.

Reaching my hand out towards her, I hold by her eager for her to reach out and hold it.

After another minute of her continuing to stare straight at the ceiling she finally turned her head towards me and a small quiet gasp escaped my lips as my eyes made contact with her eyes. They were dull, lifeless and empty. They were red and sore from all the crying she had done. My eyes fall to her neck and upper chest where I had done my damage. Her bruises were a mixture of dark colours and I could still see faded teeth marks. I was ruthless. My eyes began to sting and water slightly at the pain I caused her.