Chapter 36: Free?

Tom

After Isabella and I had stumbled upon Damien and his men, all hell broke loose. After scarring my body he knocked all 3 of us out and what felt like hours later both Louise and I were tied up sitting side by side on a sofa in a room I'd never seen before. Guards stood and sat before us holding onto their guns staring at us intently. Their faces held pride and malice as they watched us closely. I knew something was up. My eyes scanned around the room hoping to see Isabella somewhere, but she was nowhere to be seen. Fear suddenly overwhelmed by tired body dreading the thoughts of what Isabella might be facing. Damien was nowhere to be seen either.

This is very bad.

I glanced over at Louise who's eyes were red and sore from all the crying. Even though my eyes were staring up at her face, they didn't fail to notice the bruises and cuts on her body. I still remember Damien a few years back and how rude he was to Louise. Damien used to dislike her a lot. Being Isabella's best friend Louise would always look out for Isabella, even whilst dating that monster. On numerous occasions Louise tried to get her to leave Damien pleading with Isabella who had been brainwashed by him. But Isabella was too forgiving. She'd always fall for Damien's manipulative ways and give him another chance even though he was deserving of none.

A soft sob sounded from my broken friend pulling me away from my thoughts and back to the harsh reality. Twisting against the ropes slightly I growl and grunt in frustration at the tightness realising I wasn't able to get myself loose.

"Where is Isabella?" I growled out as intimidatingly as I could. Although by the expressions on their face, I could tell it didn't have an impact on them. In fact, my anger was their amusement.

One of the men who was stood in the corner of the room puffing away on his cigarette threw it to one side and edged closer towards me. The burley man crouched down in front of me and gripped the back of my neck pulling me closer towards him. I scrunched my face up in disgust as I smelt his cigarette breath on my face.

"Isabella is currently next door having fun with Damien". The man in front of me let out a wicked laugh and firmly patted the back of my neck before standing back up to his full height.

"You fucking dickhea"- suddenly the laughs died down and the sound of a gun cocking grasps my attention. A cold heavy object puts immediate pressure on the side of my head and without looking, I knew what that object was.

"Finish that sentence and I'll blow your brains out boy". I took a large gulp and stilled in the spot I was sat. I stared the man down, no fear could be shown through my eyes. No one made a single sound.

Suddenly the door handle twisted slightly and swung open abruptly, but nobody could be seen. Everyone in the room had turned to face the door, guns pointed at the ready. A few more tense seconds went by and suddenly 4 men wearing completely different suits barged and before I could even understand what was happening, quiet almost silent gunshots sounded and quicker than a blink, the men who had tied us up were now lying on the floor motionless, dead.

I looked up bewildered by the sudden events unsure as to how to react. Perhaps they were another gang who had simply invaded their territory and would kill anyone who stood in their way. Maybe we were next.

I watched as the man crept into the room instantly turning around and scanning the room checking under beds and opening cupboards. 2 of the men came towards us and I clenched my eyes ready for whatever they had in store for us.

Instantly the increasing pressure on my wrists lessened and my arms were freed. I let out a moan as I stretched my aching arms inwardly smiling in satisfaction as I heard my bones clicking. Suddenly I glanced up remembering the men whom just entered the room killing the guards before us. Both Louise and I jump up simultaneously apprehensive of their next move.