Chapter 33: Rescue mission

Chase

James' hands were clenched tightly on the wheel and did not take his eyes off the road for one second. He was in his don mode. Nothing could stop him. James tossed my phone onto my lap and put his hand back on the wheel.

"From the tracker, it seems she's only 1 hour away. But I'll get there in half that time. Hold it and tell me exactly where I am going".

I nod in response, but it was useless for his gaze was focused primarily on the road. I gazed behind me to see all of James' men in the cars behind us following our tails closely. Isabella had impacted all of us. I knew that most of the men felt sorry for her, felt sorry for the man she had been stuck with. Her innocence and kindness had an affect on all of us. And all we wanted was for her to be safe.

After a tense 30 minute ride we had finally pulled up alongside our supposed destination. We both looked out of the window and glanced at the empty looking warehouse carefully scanning for any movement. But there was none. Something wasn't right.

Glancing over at James I watched as he nodded with a determined look on his face. We both quietly got out of the car shutting the car door behind us gently. James didn't lock the car as he always thought it was best to have the car unlocked at the ready in case we had to make a quick escape. Today is probably that day. James unlocked the boot and opened it up revealing an array of weapons ranging from pistols, grenades and rifles. Grabbing 2 pistols I placed them in the waistband of my trousers and pick up one of the larger guns. Clipping up the clips of the bulletproof jacket ensuring it was tight enough to protect me I turn around towards James to see him loading the guns before tucking them away in his jacket and waistband of his trousers. Placing a couple of rounds in my jacket pockets I turn to face the other men who were gearing themselves up with clothing and weaponry. James glanced at his men who now faced him with their heads up high. It was game time. No one showed fear. The only expression I could see was excitement. This is what they lived for. The thrill of the kill. And blood would be shed today. But it wouldn't be ours. I watched as James signaled to the men and they scurried off in formation to their designated location.

Men were stationed at each door and window ensuring that nobody would escape this building alive. James and I were positioned by a side door with 2 other men standing behind us. James reached out and grabbed the door handle twisting it slightly. It was unlocked.

James looked up startled at the carelessness of Damien. But it wasn't carelessness. He was smart. He had this all planned out and we were practically walking to our own graves. Cocking my gun I slowly entered immediately pointing my gun out to my surroundings in case of a sudden attack. But no one could be seen. It was dark yet I could see that the large room was empty. Nodding back at James he closely followed my footsteps and entered into the building tiptoeing as quietly as possible. The 4 of us cover each others back ensuring there would be no surprise attack. But once again, nothing.

We slowly walk through what seems to be a loading bay and exit to the nearest door carefully opening it, cringing slightly at the loud creak that sounds through the quiet corridor. I look to my left to see a long stairway leading to numerous doors. Looks promising.

Scanning the dark and silent hallway I slowly creep out and signal for the others to follow me. I glance at James and nod to the stairway. James scans my facial expressions and glances up at the stairway before nodding back at me understanding what I meant.

Slowly creeping up the stairs single file we all hold our guns tightly, fingers on the trigger ready for whatever comes our way. After what seems an eternity we make it up the stairs and instantly point our guns at the empty corridor. I watch as James signals his 2 other men to 2 of the other doors in the corridor whilst James and I stand at the door in the middle of the corridor. All 3 of us glance at James who counts down from 3 before nodding to open the doors.

Opening the door with haste James and I stumbled into the room and my eyes widened at the sight before me. Isabella was laid in her lingerie tied up to the bed with that bastard Damien laying beside her stroking her body tauntingly. Rage swarmed my body and both James and I lunged forwards towards them. Growls erupted from our throats at the sight of Bella who was laying broken on the bed. I'm going to kill this bastard painfully. But before we could reach her hands wrapped around us and pushed us harshly to the floor. Men pinned us down with guns pressed against our backs. I gazed up at Bella who was now crying whilst struggling against the restraints. A traitorous tear escaped my eye without my full consent and cascaded down my face dropping to the floor slowly.

"Hello gentlemen

"Hello gentlemen. I'm so glad you showed up. I was going to start the show without you, but I changed my mind. Normally I don't like having an audience during my love making, but this is an exception. I want you to watch me take something that belonged to me from the start. I want to make you suffer and then I'm going to kill you. Don't worry, it'll only be you two watching. All your other men are about to be killed by my men who were carefully hidden around the building. Now the show can begin".

Suddenly a loud riveting sound of gunshots sounded around the building and then silence.

Damien stared down at James and let out a dark menacing chuckle.

Hello. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Let me know what you think. Sorry for any errors or mistakes. xoxo