Chapter 22: Loyalty or Love?

Chase

It's been 2 hours since boss called and still no sight of Isabella. She's playing a very dangerous game of hide and seek. We had men searching every corner of Bora Bora hoping to find boss' little wife. But she was smart. I knew she would be smart. I hope for her sake she can get away. God knows what'll happen if he finds her.

Running my hands through my hair in frustration, I continue to stare at the numerous cameras losing hope. Time was ticking and there'd still been no sight of Isabella. Taking a sip of my black coffee I pull my chair closer to the screens hoping to find Isabella before James did.

The effects of my strong coffee weren't kicking in. Tiredness was overtaking my body. I'd been sat staring at these screens for 3 hours now and I was starting to lose hope and my sanity.

Suddenly a girl with long brown hair catches my eyes. She was stood with her back turned to the camera and was talking frantically on a payphone. Pressing the zoom button to the maximum, my heart starts to speed up unsure if it was her or not. Time froze as I waited for her to get off the phone and turn around. What would I even do if she turned around and it was Isabella. Would I inform the boss or would I leave her and hope she continues to embark on her escape.

I watch intently as she slowly puts the phone down and lets out a deep sigh. A sigh of disappointment or a sigh of relief I don't know. And as time slows down the mysterious girl slowly turns around facing the camera.

It's her.

My heart starts pounding and my palms grow sweaty.

I've found her.

Instantly pulling out my phone from my pocket I open up my contacts and press 'boss' and press the call button.

I'm so damn conflicted. Maybe I'm making a mistake.

Ring Ring

No. I've got to do this. I'm loyal to my boss.

Ring Ring

But look at her. Look at how happy she is to be free. She doesn't deserve this life. She's too innocent and too perfect.

Ring Ring

Stop being so damn pathetic. She's his. Like you stand a damn chance of being with her. Would you be willing to through away everything for her.

Ring Ring

"Chase any update?" James' deep voice bellows from the speaker and shakes me out of my deep thoughts.

Oh fuck.

"No boss. No sign of her. How's the search going?" My voice trembles slightly as I hide the truth from him. My eyes widen as I hear a low deadly sounding growl emit from the other end of the phone.

"Not good. We've been searching for 3 hours now and I'm starting to lose my shit. If I find out that she's been seen and let slip, I'll kill them ruthlessly. Anyone who helps her escape will not escape my wrath. When I find my princess and I will find her. She will regret the day she ever left my side.

Are you done yet?

"Don't worry boss, we will find her. Did you happen to put a GPS tracker in any of her items? I blurted out instantly covering my mouth in regret at my sudden choice of words.

You're so fucking stupid chase.

"Chase you're brilliant. I put a GPS in her new phone. She's bound to have it on her to try and call someone. Excellent work Chase. You are my second in command for a reason. I'll call you once I have her. Keep watching the CCTV though".