Chapter 4: Safe at home

Isabella

3 hours later

Within seconds a taxi pulled up alongside us and I pushed a very drunk Louise into the back of the taxi whilst I waving goodbye to our new friends that we made at the club.

"Where to ladies?" the cab driver kindly asked.

I tried to tell him our address, but every time I spoke, Louise started to laugh. Smacking her whilst struggling to contain my own laughter, I opened my mouth to speak but only laughed harder when Louise let out an unladylike snort.

But being the sensible prepared person that I am, I pulled out a piece of paper from out of my purse and handed it over to the driver. I've had a couple of experiences of being so drunk that rendered me unable to remember my address. So before I go on a night out, I write it down on a piece of paper, so if I cannot say it, then at least I can show it.

The taxi driver nodded and started up the engine. Quickly putting my seat belt on, I glanced over at Louise realising she had fallen quiet. To my surprise, she was typing on her phone with a big smile on her face. She bit her bottom lip as her cheeks turned pink before clutching the phone to her chest.

"Who's got you all hot and bothered?" I smirked at her as her expression dropped and she tried to recompose herself as if nothing was up.

"Oh um, I was just texting a guy I met at the club" she muttered back before shoving her phone in her bra.

"What happened to getting some good"-

-"Changed my mind, I want food instead" Louise quickly changed the topic faster than I thought possible. 

Normally I'd feel anxious that I had done something to upset her, but I was too drunk to care. Besides, she mentioned food. And as every girl knows, foods before dudes.

"Ooh, let's order Domino's" I cheered, keen to gorge on some cheesy pepperoni pizza.

To be honest, I was glad she changed her mind. Louise was not shy in the bedroom and I had spent a fortune on noise cancelling headphones that proved ineffective when she had a man over. 

"Hell yeah!" she cheered before hurrying to download the app.

As I stared out the window watching the cars speed by, I began to think about that mysterious man I spilt my drink all over. He was so tall, so intimidating, but also incredibly handsome. 

The way the strobe lighting looked against his face, accentuating his defined facial features as he stared down at me the way a predator does to it's prey. And God, the feeling I got when he called me Princess.

God, I'm such a sicko.

There was something unusual about him. The way he looked at me was not the normal look someone had after having a drink spilt over them. It was as if he was examining me, checking me out. Even though I was probably imaging it as I was pretty drunk, it felt as though he was undressing me with his eyes.

Oh well. There was no need to think about him or his intimidating stare as I wouldn't ever bump into him again.

Sooner than anticipated, the taxi pulled up outside our cut little house.

"That's £27.50" the sweet elderly man called out in a tone of relief, grateful neither of us had thrown up in his car on the way home.

I handed him a £10 and £20 note and told him to keep the change before wrapping Louise's arm around my neck. Alcohol always seemed to give me unnatural super strength and with one last goodbye to our kind driver, I dragged Louise out the car like a rag doll.