Chapter 3

Taehyung's POV

"-And I know it sounds crazy and I could potentially be wrong about it all but I can't help but think that-" I was cut off by Yoongi's raspy voice, "-he's cheating."

I moan aloud, flopping back onto Hoseok's bed. "Tae, don't think too much into this. For all you know, he could be planning a surprise?!" Hoseok tries to lighten the situation while he glares at his boyfriend who was sat across the room, lazily sinking further into the beanbag.

"I don't know. Why on earth would he be planning a surprise for?" I mumble, feeling at a complete loss. I don't want to not trust Jungkook but at the same time, he has been acting rather off lately. Hoseok thinks about it for a moment, a simple tap of his index finger to his chin. It was almost like a light bulb went off inside his head, remembering something important. "Isn't it your 3 year anniversary next week?"

I abruptly sit upright, my eyes growing to the size of golfballs. "Shit! You're right!" My feet find their way to the ground as I stand up, grabbing my navy blue raincoat in the process. "Where the hell are you going now?" Yoongi grumbles with his eyes closed, looking like he's fallen asleep.

"Out." I state firmly. "Specifically?" He continues, acting like he's my dad. "To the mall." I just make it over the threshold when I hear Yoongi say, "is that really necessary? Taehyung, I swear I think he's cheating."

"Yoongi!" Hoseok's voice was heard but I was already was making my way down the stairs. Mrs Jung was passing through the hallway when I reach the door. "Leaving already Taehyung?" She questions with a friendly smile, similar to her son's. "Yup, thanks for having me Mrs Jung." I say before bidding a goodbye.

The cold air hits against my skin as I saunter my way towards the nearby bus stop. I didn't have my license yet sadly, even after sitting my test twice now.

I guess I'm just not a very...safe driver.

My bottom leans against the tilted bench inside the shelter, tapping my feet on the ground while waiting for the public transport to arrive. I hum a simple tune, thinking on what would be the best thing to buy for Jungkook. I was thankful I had my wallet with me otherwise I would've had to travel all the way back home first.

Hoseok's house was in shorter distance to the mall, you could practically walk to it but I felt lazy and I didn't particularly like walking the pathway there alone since it's in a forest area.

The roaring sound of a heavy vehicle could be heard from my left. My eyes flicker over to see a large, bright yellow bus appearing in my view. It comes to a stop at the small shelter as some people get off. I hop onboard, paying for my ticket before grabbing a seat on one of the empty chairs.

The ride was short. I watch as trees, cars, small corner shops and houses fly by. It almost feels peaceful, like I don't have to worry about a single thing.

I spy the mall coming up so I ding the bell, slowly pulling myself up using the bars. I make my way to the front of the bus right as it stops. Clambering off, I - along with a few others - waltz inside the enormous white building. Shops of all various values were placed everywhere you look. My eyes skim the area, spotting a few clothes stores that I love. 'No Taehyung! You're here to buy Jungkook a present, not yourself!'

I gnaw on my lower lip, debating on what I should get him. 'I can't believe I almost forgot our anniversary.' I thought, smiling back to the day he asked me to be his boyfriend...

I was never really outgoing as a child, I was more of an introvert. Making friends with others seemed to only cause anxiety to me.

My eyes glance over at the crowd of students. A faint blush dances across the apple of my cheeks when I see the very one I've been crushing on for a while now.