Chapter 31

Taehyung's POV

My eyes darted around the room full of people as I exhale tiredly. We have only been here 20 minutes and I'm already sick of it. Jimin had went off to get me a drink, though, he still hadn't returned yet. I was beginning to get frustrated as I realize I should be stepping my game up if I ever want to have Jimin wrapped around my finger.

As I'm about to wander off to find the asshole who's left me all alone, a pretty woman approaches me.

"Taehyung? Am I right?" She asks, smiling, causing a sudden memory to arise in my mind.

"Mrs. Park?" I faintly whisper, taking in the older woman's similarities to her son. From the current smile obtaining her plump lips to the eyes smiles that has almost anyone falling at Jimin's feet with how gorgeous he is. I could see now where he gets his perfect looks from, this woman afore me looks like an angel who's just came from heaven.

"Glad to see you remember me," she chuckles behind one of her delicate hands. I find myself easing into a more relax state and it was all thanks to how nice Jimin's mother is.

"So?" She tails off before I notice her facial features change. "Actually, where is my son? Did he leave you here on your own?" I could hear a slight sternness in her tone, already seeing her annoyance surface.

"Uh, kinda." I weakly laugh, feeling myself shrink in size at how scary she can look when agitated. "He left to get me a drink about 10 minutes ago but hasn't returned yet."

I could see in Mrs. Park's eyes that she was not impressed as she scans the entire hall for the one person that was surly going to get an earful once found.

"That infuriating boy!" She grumbles beneath her breath, almost causing me to let out a soft giggle.

"Sorry, would you excuse me for now. I'm going to go have a word with my son." She confesses, giving me a short look of remorse. I knew she probably was thinking the worse, that her son was off somewhere with someone, probably trying to get laid.

Part of me remained unaltered by that fact, knowing better than to fall for another player again. Both Jimin and I were strictly just "co-workers." Yet another, very small part was growing all the more timid at the idea of Jimin being around someone else. It clawed at my chest, making my stomach churn with dismay. I knew all along I couldn't actually have Jimin, his lifestyle was far too different from my own. He always preferred being a more free spirit than being tied down to just one person.

I let Mrs. Park excuse herself as I hear her continuously murmur between her teeth, "stupid, inconsiderate boy, wait till I get my hands on you!"

I had to hold in my laughter at how funny his mother is, reminding me oddly of Yoongi since he has a similar personality to her. 'I bet if they met, they'd be the best of friends.' I thought to myself with a grin and a shake of my head.

I couldn't help but notice my plan was slowly but surely going down the drain at this point since I've lost Jimin's interest so I knew I had to take larger steps in trapping him.

My mind suddenly conducts a plan causing the ends of my lips to curve in a mischievous grin. I knew I had to play Jimin at his own game if I want to be sure I don't get hurt from this "fake" relationship we're presenting.

As I wait for the return of my so called boyfriend, another much more unwanted individual decides to take a step in my peripheral vision. I had to hold everything back from not rolling my eyes just at the sight of him.

I could feel his heated gaze on me but I simply turned away, pretending like I didn't just meet his eyes only seconds prior. Part of me was begging, pleading with the lords above not to put the idea of approaching me into the other's mind but with the sudden radiance of heat at my side, I knew he was already alongside me.