Chapter 17

Taehyung's POV

Once leaving Namjoon behind, I make my way to lunch. I glance around the canteen, trying to find either Yoongi or Hoseok within sight. 'Where the hell are those two?' I wonder to myself, shuffling over to our usual table. I sigh, drumming my fingers, impatiently waiting for either one to appear.

"Hey," a voice whispers from behind, causing me jump as I whirl round to see Jimin. He chuckles, slipping into the seat beside me. "Why're you here?" I question, keeping my eyes fixated on my still drumming fingers. I don't receive a response at first but instead a hand over mine to stop me from making the tapping noise. "The plan, remember?" He murmurs, lingering his hand over my own for a few seconds longer. It feels weird having someone that isn't Jungkook touch me in an intimate way. 'But I guess if I'm going to go through with this jealousy shit, I'll have to get over that.'

To be honest, I wasn't entirely sure why I agreed to do this scheme. 'Revenge maybe?'

Jimin waves a hand over my face, bringing me back to reality. "Yoohooo! Are you even there~?" He childishly chimes. I slap his hand away with a growl, glaring at him but he's quick to stop me. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." My brows furrow together in confusion as he shifts his gaze slightly to the side like he's telling me to look over.

I do, taking note that Jungkook was across the room, angrily staring at us. His face however, instantly lights up when he sees me looking. I blink a few times, realising the mistake I made. 'Shit! We're supposed to be acting close and me pushing him away will look bad!' Jimin takes me by surprise when he randomly throws his arm around my shoulders, practically drawing me into his side more if that's even possible. I feel squished next to him as he raises his hand to give Jungkook a mocking wave by twiddling his fingers.

The ravenette fiercely stares at him with daggers in his dimly lit orbs while I purse my lips together. I'm about to say something when, "what.the.shit?!" A bright tuff of pastel blue hair comes into view, followed by a darker, more brunette shade of hair.

Yoongi and Hoseok. The pair had complete contrast expressions. Yoongi looked beyond pissed as he stood there with his tray, scowling Jimin like he was some ugly bug that he wants to crush. Hoseok on the other hand, seemed to be happy that I wasn't sitting alone. "Hey," he chimes which causes Yoongi to stare at his boyfriend like he's went bat shit crazy. "Hey? Hey!?" He raises his voice. The younger of the two rolls his eyes, slapping Yoongi on the shoulder. "Will you stop being dramatic? People are staring."

"This isn't the time to be worrying about that! Look who Taehyung's with again!" He whisper-hisses towards the brunette.

Jimin stares at my best friend with a smirk, squeezing my shoulder more with his hand. I pinch my lips together, avoiding Yoongi's glare as Hoseok takes a seat across from us. "So Jimin?" He starts while unwrapping his food. "Why the sudden interest in our Taetae?" I gulp, wondering whether Jimin will let them in on our little plan or not. "Aww...Taehyung and I have been friends for a while now, ain't that right Taeto?" The orange haired boy says with a smile. I was taken back because of three reasons;

'1. He's smiling, I can't tell if it's real or fake but it definitely looks believable.
2. He managed to come up with a lie right on the spot and
3. Did he just call me 'Taeto?' Are we at the stage to give each other nicknames?'

My mind was so preoccupied with my thoughts that I hardly caught sight of the three heads currently gawking in my direction. "Oh!" I blink, suddenly realising they were talking to me. "Y-yes," I say quietly. I couldn't help but feel a strange rush of heat attack my cheeks after what Jimin did.

I decide the best way out of this situation is to stuff my face so that I don't need to speak and can be alone with my thoughts instead. My fingers snatch up one of Yoongi's sandwiches as I quickly shove it into my mouth. "Hey! That was mine!" My best friend grumbles grumpily with a scowl on his lips.