Chapter 23

Taehyung's POV

"It was embarrassing!" I squeal, covering my face that was growing bright red. I hear the chuckling that could only belong to a certain playboy as his face currently takes up most of my computer screen. "Stop being such a wuss and I don't understand why I couldn't just come over for dinner anyway, we are dating."

Obviously, I couldn't tell him the main reason as why he couldn't come over. After all, I promised Namjoon not to say anything but if I'm honest, I still don't get why he wants to keep it a secret about our relations. "Well we all know you'll just do something stupid or something like that." I murmur, not exactly sure as to what I'm blubbering on about. Still, Jimin laughs and I feel a sudden rush hit my cheeks as I pretend to go back to studying while video calling Jimin.

I'm not sure why I felt the need to tell him this information, it just sort of happened. "Anyway, Jungkook seemed pretty pissed, don't you think?" I glance up to see Jimin smirking triumphantly which causes me to roll my eyes. "I'm not really sure why I'm even doing this, it's not like I'll get anything out of it." I mutter, having those awful doubts again.

Jimin scoffs, "whatever happened to the confidence Taehyung? All I see is a scaredy-cat." He tease, causing me to fall into his taunting. "I'm not a scaredy-cat!" I bark back, lowering my brows and puffing out my cheeks more in annoyance. The orange haired boy snickers while mumbling a soft "cute" under his breath. But I heard it and that only caused my face to turn a darker shade of red.

"You alright? You look kinda funny?" He questions as I bow my face to stare at my study notes. "Fine. Just tired," I hoarsely grumble, though it was an obvious lie. "Anyway, what you're getting out of this is revenge. He cheated on you with other people behind your back. Doesn't that rile you up? Even just a little?" I will admit, it does but I feel more sad than angry at this moment in time. "I guess," I answer back, fiddling with the blue pencil that was in my grasp. "There you go then." Jimin's cocky grin appears back on screen before he comments, "and you get to date me so it's a win-win."

I squint my eyes in disinterest, though I can't help the sudden burst of excitement boiling through me at the mention of us dating. Even if it's fake, it still feels weird.

"Jimin! I can't find the lube that you wanted anywhere!" A voice hollers from off-screen. My chocolate orbs widen while Jimin simply chuckles. "Forget it! Just bring any one, it's fine!" He yells back but keeps his piercing eyes locked with mine. "W-who's that?" I question with weariness in my voice. I didn't want to come across as psychotic considering we're not actually dating. Jimin shrugs, "some girl I met about 3 hours ago." Pursing my lips, I decide to play it off as a joke even when I feel my throat closing in on itself a little. "Isn't this classed as cheating?" Though I tried to act cool, I still couldn't help but let my voice sound a tad strained. 'What is wrong with me?!'

Jimin hums about it before shaking his head with a smug look. "Well, not really if you already know about it. Remember, you signed the contract paper and it stated that we could see whoever we wanted outside of school and not be bothered by it."

I chew down on my lower lip before answering back, "that may be true. But what if someone at school sees you 'cheating' or your parents catch you?" The apricot coloured boy licks his lips, "well these girls don't go to our school and my parents are always working. If they're not then I'll just go to the girl's house, it's no biggy." It seems like he already has this planned out.

Even if I signed the agreement, saying it's fine, I can't help but feel sort of disappointed. "Oh...okay then." I attempt to put a smile on my weakened lips though it feels almost impossible to do so.

"Listen, I've gotta go." He states when I see a girl walk into his room in just her underwear with something in her hand through Jimin's wall mirror. Licking my lips, I nod while whispering, "okay." Jimin's face is soon wiped away from my screen as I lean my forehead on my desk and groan loudly into it. 'Why do I feel kinda hurt already? I can't possibly be getting soft for that player!! Nope! No way!' I refuse to let myself believe for one second that I could even have a slight ounce of emotion besides annoyance towards that carrot haired boy.