Chapter 5

Taehyung's POV

"Oh Taehyung! It's been so long!!" The woman with crimson red lipstick says, pulling me in for a hug. Her grip is deathly, almost causing me to lose circulation in my body. "Auntie?!" I wheeze out, confused as to why she is here.

I manage to peer behind her to see my uncle standing with a rather ticked off boy beside him. My eyes widen when I realise exactly who it is...
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
"Namjoon?" The bleach haired male glances up, a smirk playing on his lips. "Surprise cousin."

~*~

To say this dinner is awkward would be an understatement, it was practically torture.

My mom and aunt gossiped among themselves, talking on about different members of our family and such while my dad and uncle chatted about something along the lines of their work.

I, sadly was placed right next to Namjoon. We weren't close, even when we grew up together like siblings. He was always at my house or I was always at his. But he was a bully to me, he never shared his toys and always took mine. He wouldn't let me join in when playing and in all honesty, he would tease and annoy every ounce of me till I was crying my eyes out.

But that's in the past now. Present times are different, we haven't seen enough other in a long time, maybe around 5 years now.

"So Taehyung," my mother suddenly speaks, catching my attention. I place down my fork, allowing myself to give my full attentiveness towards her. "Your father and I have been discussing with your aunt and uncle about Namjoon." I snort accidentally, covering my mouth when I earn a glare from both my parents and Namjoon.

"We're a little concerned about his behaviour lately." My aunt intervenes, "So you're mom suggests that he stay here for a while to give both myself and your uncle a break."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, 'I'm gonna have to put up with him! Again!!'

"How long will he be staying for?" I question, already hating the idea. 'What if he trashes my house? Or throws big parties when my parents are away on business trips? Or even brings girls home?!' I couldn't stand the thought of sharing my home with him. "Till the end of the school year." My mom states, "he'll also be attending your school from now on until you both graduate."

I sink back in my chair, a grimace look taking over my expression. Inside, I was screaming, yelling no at the idea but outwardly, I knew I had to agree. 'I don't want to hurt or disobey my parents.' I let out a small nod, showing I somewhat approve.

Our parents cheer while I sneak a peek over at Namjoon who is busy smirking at me. I shot him a glare, 'he's not gonna push me around anymore, not this time.'

~*~

Once finished our meals, the adults decide that Namjoon and I should head up to my room to have some time to be reacquainted. I hated the idea, wanting to run up the stairs as quick as possible and lock the door so the demon himself can't get in.

Namjoon enters into my room, scoffing at the way it was decorated. "Still as girly as ever," he states, flopping down on the curved chair that hangs from the ceiling.

I frown, roaming my eyes around the room. It was a pretty decent size, the walls were a cute ombre colour, going from turquoise to white. A window with a white sill and outline sat just off to the far end of the room, next to the chair that Namjoon was currently sitting on. A bookcase was beside the seat, where I usually go whenever I'm in the mood to read.

On the other side of the room sat my king size bed that had white sheets and my desk that was currently spotless. I had a TV and a some beanbags off to the right side of me and a few pictures scattered over the walls.

My room looks...'normal?' in my eyes anyway. I ignore my cousin's failed attempt at bringing me down, taking a seat on my bed.

I was so thankful I didn't have any siblings. It meant that I wouldn't have to share my room with Namjoon. Instead, he was going to be using the spare guest room across the landing.

The peroxide haired boy gets up from the seat, his orbs concentrated hard on a specific picture; that picture being me and Jungkook when we went on holiday with his family to the mountains. We all camped out and the picture was of the pair of us at a small riverbank, Jungkook standing behind with his arms wrapped around me.

I watch as Namjoon edges closer to it, gawking it all in.

"You're gay?" He finally asks, making me realise he never knew. Like I stated earlier, we haven't seen each other since we were 12. I came out as gay at age 15 to my parents when I brought Jungkook home to meet them. They were shocked at first, not really expecting that sort of confession but they were quick to reassure me that they're fine with it. As long as I'm being treated right and loved properly then they couldn't care less who that person is, whether they be a boy, girl, trans, anything.

It warms my heart to know how fully supportive my parents are. They have a heart of gold, explaining why they're now trying to help out Namjoon with his reckless behaviour.

"Yeah," I mumble, not really interested in what he has to say. He simply just nods, taking me by surprise. Usually, he would tease me or make some form of an insult.

"Anyway, I guess we'll be living together again." He sighs like it's the worse thing in the world. I ignore him, trying my best to fight off the fact that it actually hurts whenever he acts so cold towards me. "Speaking of, when we're at school, don't let anyone know we're cousins or that I'm living here. You got it?" He suddenly speaks with venom in his words.

My brows crease, 'why does he not want anyone to know?'

He makes a move towards my bedroom door when he hears his parents calling on him. With a single glance back and a dirty looking smirk, he mutters, "it's gonna be a fun time staying here Tae. I hope you're ready."

•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·

Author's Note

So it was Namjoon 🤭🤭 and plot twist; he's Taehyung's cousin. Didn't see that coming, did you?😂

I'm honestly wondering if this book is even good enough for people to want to read it?🤔

Please vote ✨
Comment 💬
And follow ❤️