Chapter 12

Taehyung's POV

I awoke the next day with a puffy, red face. My eyes were swollen and itchy. I spent the full night crying, I didn't get a wink of sleep till ten minutes before I had to wake up.

Unlike my usual morning routine, today I threw on a pair of black sweats with the matching sweatshirt. I didn't bother fixing my hair as I tiredly brush my teeth. I'm just not in the mood to leave my room today. The last thing I want is to see Jungkook's face.

When I enter into the kitchen, I find my mom cooking pancakes while both my dad and Namjoon sit at the table. "Hi baby," my mom kisses my forehead as she hands me a plate of pancakes. Usually, I would be excited to have my mom's homemade blueberry pancakes but today was different. I try to walk over to the table but my mom stops me, "Taehyung?" She says with concern in her eyes. "Is something wrong? Do you feel sick? You don't seem like your usual self today."

"I'm fine," I state, painfully curving the sides of my lips into a crocked smile. She didn't seem convinced but let's me sit down nonetheless. "Let me know if it's your stomach hurting or whatever." She firmly said, walking back over to finish off cooking.

I jab at the batter, not really in the mood to eat but I don't want to worry my parents so I eat as much as I can. My phone buzzes in my pocket, letting me know I have an incoming text. My message box was cram packed with apologetic texts from Jungkook. Obviously, I ignored all of them, not wanting to listen to whatever bullshit he might sprawl out. "Mom, I'm getting a lift from Yoongi this morning." I tell her, getting up from my chair and scraping whatever leftovers into the trash before placing my plate in the sink.

"Oh, could he possibly give Namjoon a ride too?" She questions, her eyes twinkling at me like she hopes that I'll say yes. I feel my body stiffen and I notice that Namjoon feels the same. "It's alright auntie. I'm not finish my breakfast yet and I prefer walking anyway." He musters up his most politest smile, something that I evidently notice to be fake.

But my mom being the idiot that she is, 'bless her soul,' falls for his act. "Oh alright sweetie, if you're sure?" She says before going back to munching on her pancakes.

I waltz outside, the cold air still blowing since it's early hours. A black car which could only be identified as Yoongi's was park just at the bottom of my path. Sadly trotting towards it, I feel my shoulders droop with sadness. "Hey," Hoseok says carefully when I enter the backseat of the car. I nod, not having any energy to speak. If I do, I might end up crying anyway. The couple glance at each other before we drive off towards school.

~*~

Clearly Jungkook had to come running up to me the minute he sees me taking things out of my locker. "Taehyung please understand! It was a mistake, I love you!" I let out a fake snicker, practically mocking how pathetic he looks right now. "Love me?! I'm pretty sure you made it obvious that you actually don't!" I lash out, slamming the small container shut before stomping off, away from the liar.

Jungkook wasn't having any of it as he yanks on my arm, spinning me around till I come crashing into his chest. "No! You aren't leaving until we've properly talked about this!" He wails, causing people to glance over at us. I wince when Jungkook tightens his grip, "you're hurting me!" I cry out, hoping he might let go or at most, loosen his hand.

Nope, nothing. I pull at my arm, wanting to set it free. "I think you'll fine he said you're hurting him." A voice booms through the hallways. Both our necks snap over to the orange haired male, who was casually leaning on one of the many lockers.

"Fuck off Park! This is none of your concern!" Jungkook barks, glaring the older down. "Actually..." Jimin trails off, pushing himself away from the lockers and towards me. He stands beside us, tower over me with a hint of a faded smirk on his lips. "I think you'll fine this does concern me." He states, grabbing Jungkook's hand off of me and twisting it behind the ravenette's back. The younger grunts in pain, "let go asshole!"

"Not until you apologise for hurting Taehyung." He whispers so that only myself and Jungkook can hear him since a crowd was beginning to form. Jungkook was reluctant to say at first until Jimin pulled his arm further up his back, causing the ravenette to groan in agony. He stares at me, nothing but hurt was in his brown orbs. "I'm...sorry, Taehyung."

"Good," Jimin simpers, looking pleased with his result. He chucks Jungkook forward, almost letting him crash right into me. "Now clear off and don't come near Taehyung again." Jungkook was taken back before his eyes turn into slits, "and why the fuck would I stay away from my boyfriend?!"

"Ex," I mutter quietly. Both heads snap towards me. Jimin appears satisfied by my answer while Jungkook, "w-what?"

"You heard me," I say, holding my head high even though all I want to do is to curl into a small ball and cry. "Tae..." Jungkook slowly tries to reach out to me but I flinch. "Just leave me alone." I plead quietly. He stands there for a few seconds, gawking at me. "I'll go for now, but don't think I've given up on us. I'll win you back."

"Not if I win him over first," Jimin playfully speaks in a hushed tone.

"What?" Jungkook twirls around to stare at Jimin. "What?" The orange haired boy. mimics the younger's words. "I'm watching you Park," he grumbles, beginning to walk off down the hall. Jimin just wears his signature smirk, "likewise Jeon."

•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·

Author's Note

Seriously, I'm in love with Jimin's personality in this book...like I'm surprising myself that I managed to portray him like this. 😆👍🏻

Please vote ✨
Comment 💬
And follow ❤️