Chapter 1: A Mistake Makes Us

Dedicated Chapter Song: This is Gospel - Panic! At the Disco

The gnashing teeth and criminal tounges conspire against the odds. But they haven't seen the best of us yet.
(UA Students)

It began with a child who radiated light, or so we're all told

It began with a child who radiated light, or so we're all told. Soon after, many humans began to develope these strange supernatural powers that are called "quirks", resulting in about 80% of the current population being able to do what was once considered impossible. From levitation to pyrokinesis, mind control to the ability to fly, and everything and anything in between, quirks became the norm of society.

Those that were lucky enough to have useful quirks became what we call "heroes", and use their abilities to stop crime all across the nation, and even the world. There are those that dream to be signed to the top hero agencies in the world just to become the #1 hero, and then there's those that use their quirks for evil and wrongdoing. Then there's me. I'm Hiromi Akuma, and I was born with three quirks. Most people are lucky to have one, and extremely lucky to have two. But even though I was born with more quirks than the average person, I never use them. In fact, I despise them.

Ever since I was about 7 years old I realized the capabilities of my power and just who wanted me to use it and for what purpose. There was once a time that I was inspired to become a hero, but that all changed by the time I turned 11. My parents turned out to be one of the worst, and one of the dumbest villains in history. Most of my life I grew up in isolation with only my nanny and several tutors to help raise me. At the time, I'd never known that this was because of the fact and the matter that my parents hid away from me, scheming to help something called the League of Villains.

My mother is a villain by the name of Dark Angel, a hero who turned bad the moment she was turned away by one of the top hero agencies in Japan for being too reckless. It's said that the number two hero 'Endeavor' is to blame for her sudden turn to darkness. Her quirk, "Dark Wings" allowed her to absorb an enemy's attack and reflect the pain back onto them. My father was a man recognized to be a practical Angel based on his quirk of Divine Summoning, which could summon heavenly allies, weapons, and anything he could ever want or need to his aid. Shortly after meeting my mother, however, he fell to darkness and used his quirk to summon an army of deadly enemies.

Years ago, there was a time when something called "quirk marriages" were common among many powerful families. They were basically the same thing as arranged marriages from the olden days where two powerful quirk-holders would marry and try to produce a child that possessed both their quirks in an effort to make the child the next strongest hero. Guess that explains how I was born.

As you might've expected, I turned out to be just perfect on the first try. I inherited both quirks to an extent, with some minor changes here and there. My physical appearance was split in half, with the left side being my father's quirk and my right side being my mother's. My hair turned out to be black and white to better match this visual, and my eyes...well...they were different too. One was gold, and the other I just preferred to hide altogether due to personal reasons.