Chapter Twenty-One: On the Same Page

The bus ride to our next location in London was predicted to be about six hours, so Annie and I took seats in the back in order to have a bit more privacy away from the other cast members.

"I'm still so tired," Annie yawned and then placed her head on my shoulder. "I have trouble sleeping in cars and on buses, though."

"We can get you more comfortable," I suggested. "I have a pillow and blanket and you can put your head in my lap. Just lie across this row of seats."

"That doesn't sound very comfortable for you," she replied.

"Don't care." I kissed her cheek.

"Okay, but please tell me if I start to annoy you."

"You won't." I stood up and grabbed my pillow and blanket from an overhead bin. She settled into my lap and wrapped herself in the blanket.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome," I said softly, stroking her hair with my hand.

She fell asleep before we even pulled away from the castle.

While Annie was sound asleep, Asher scooted into the row of seats directly in front of us.

"Hey," he muttered. "Still in the honeymoon phase? Everything sexy and happy?" He smugly raised his brows.

"Dude, just leave us alone. We're not bothering you."

"She's just going to fuck with your head, man. I know you're feeling pretty big time hooking up with someone so famous, but it's not going to end well."

"If that's the case, why are you trying so hard to get her back?"

"We're at the same level. We understand one another. She's not going to have that with you." Asher shrugged.

"Sounds like bullshit, man."

"Nah, I'm just trying to help."

Annie stirred a little and turned her body around, so she was facing me.

"You should go back to your original seat."

Asher rolled his eyes. "Is this grade school? Anyway, bro to bro, she's basically open to anything in bed. Don't waste the potential." He winked before returning to his seat.

What was this guy's deal? The thought of him with her made my stomach churn a bit, but I knew being jealous was irrational. She seemed pretty happy spending time with me . . .

I ultimately dozed off — trying to push thoughts of Annie and Asher out of my mind.

***

We didn't get to the next location until 9:00 pm, and we immediately had a meeting. The new location was an old hotel above a large pub, so we had our meeting at the bar.

Annie sat next to me and was having what seemed to be a good conversation with Priya on her other side.

Ellen started off the night, "I have a major announcement. We have two new cast members: comedians Lindsey Zedd and James Phoenix. Give them a warm welcome."

Annie's draw dropped before she jumped off her chair and ran to greet her "friend." She hugged him, and he pulled her against his body. My stomach churned again. Asher was bad enough, and now I had to deal with two exes as I tried to get close to her? I wasn't good at relationships, so adding extra obstacles was going to make it even more challenging to convince her I was worth her while.

I watched as Annie also greeted Lindsey with a warm hug. The two must have known each other as well. Annie's face looked relieved – like she had been waiting for her friends to join her this whole time, and they had finally arrived.

Annie settled back into her seat next to me, as Lindsey and James sat at the end of the bar.
"Hey," she said. "They're great people . . . You'll really like them," she assured me.

I just nodded my head. "He's your ex, right?"

"Yeah, but now he's just my friend. Seriously, just a friend. No romantic interest."

I looked at her with a slight look of disbelief. "Does he know that?" I asked.

"Don't be like this. Please. I don't want to be with either of them, Christian. Nothing changes between us." She sounded a bit sad, and it sort of killed me.

"I'm sorry," I admitted. "It's just . . . a lot."

"I know. I get it," she placed a hand on my knee. "I'm here with you now."

I swallowed and looked down as Ellen began to talk again. I was starting to fully realize that I didn't want what we had to end with this experience, and I just wasn't sure if she was on the same page as me.